do the streched cruisers ride good?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
i am fix'in to purchase me a strech cruiser and i was wondering if its easy to ride? i have the 35cc honda friction drives.trk.they look so cool but i have never rode one. so, tell me what you think of them. thanks

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I have built several bikes and must say that I enjoy the stretch cruiser the most. They are more tricky to tweak but the final result is second to none. I currently ride a Greenline stretch with ape hangers. The bike is comfortable under motor assist but...if you have to actually pedal for any distance it gets a thumbs down (compared to a conventional frame).
The stretch that you see in the header is my first attempt...a Micargi Mustang...again a comfortable ride but....the frame did not hold up.

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/redbs-greenline-s-t-r-t-3991.html

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
The Schwinn Spoiler has got to be the ultimate "stretch cruiser" as far as production bikes go.

Initially, I figured the Spoiler to be a novelty that would be impossible to ride...It's actually very cool. Considering the geometry it's very easy to learn how to ride this bike.

If you are 6' or more...you are, like me, looking for a bike that fits. A stretch cruiser is more comfortable to ride for tall folks!

Jim

junkyard

Jan 6, 2009
st.petersburg fla
i havent ridden a stretch cruiser but i have a spoiler too and the ride is great

i did notice the front end wanted to flop when turning but i got ape hangers and that fixed it right up

im guessing the stretch would be a nice ride with a lower center of gravity than a normal 26"

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
one thing that really makes a difference in stretch comfort, is the handlebars. red666 is right, when he says pedaling without the motor is a nightmare.

i tossed my straight drag bars, and opted for the stock bars but turned them upside-down becasuse when they're rightside up, you're hands are in a very unnatural position. now, they're niiiiice and comfy!

Attachments