pics of Michigan's Dorias track

GoldenMotor.com

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
I found out about 2 weeks too late that there was an awesome motorbike race/rally not far from my house. Dozens of racers, hundreds of spectators (not sure how many sponsors & vendors). AND it took place on what's been called the most dangerous track in the U.S.

Today I hunted the place down & took some pics. The fake panoramic is just some cellphone shots I kinda stitched together. Click it for a bigger view.

I've never seen a bike track before, but I really didn't expect the banks to be this steep

Check out this crack! It pretty much wraps around the place, causing dropoffs almost 2 inches in some places. There's one on the far end that looks nasty

the most level part of the track is still pretty seriously slanted

Looks like a good time out there. Hopefully they'll have the event again next year. If not, at least the track is right down the road (& apparently it's public property), and I just happen to have a new motor to break in....

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
I was at the 1st round they had this year....the crazy promotors let 80cc super motoard builds out in the "pitbike" class....it was nutz watching the boys jamb around that track...stop watch had average speeds of the fast guys in the mid 50 mph range, but they were really flying around that 1/5th mile track.
this is the winning "pit bike" lmao!

the winning moped:

they had a class for go-karts & classic minni bikes too

Last edited:

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
ok in ready to race im looking for a track in the wayne westland area anyone know where there is a track in my area PLEASE let me know ive been waiting to find a track tired of racing cars on Michigan ave LOL
i am hitting 47 at 3/4 throttle and im not running a race motor YET i have a 18mm delloroto carb and a 78yz 80 x chamber waiting to go on my bad boy contact me at [email protected]

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Looks challenging for a mb,but the little fatty tires on the others probably didn't mind the bumps and all

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
It was the track to race on years ago.It had been left untouched for years and was completely over grown. The group that puts on the races on have really done a great job bringing it back.The cracks are almost gone......to bad the crack heads are still there. Once was a great neighborhood til they rolled in. It is safe during race days and the only place around to race that I know of. Just hope you like banks!