Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Norm's 2 stroke repair center

Norm's 2 stroke repair center Having problems with your 2 stroke engine? Just ask Norm, he loves to tinker and troubleshoot engines

Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

I'll work with you on the problem with your bike if you can't find the answer here on the forum.
I might be able to answer you questions on a 4-stroke as well.
This should be fun for a big problem you can call me. PM me for my number.
Norman

Last edited by Norman; 05-06-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default re: can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

Norman:
My clutch is making quite the racket! I had tried a couple different things from the get go since purchase. MY Motor-KingsMotor "80cc" 35T sprocket. I have the rubber on the outside of the clutch cover , I make sure there is only about a pea sized glob of grease inside.I had removed the pressure plate and had at one time replaced the clutch pads , since I have re-installed original's because it seemed the new ones wasnt grabbing either. but when I had removed the inner center plate spring and noticed the center nut was about 3-4 turns loose, so I hand tighten nut replaced clutch, cover. 1st test run, there is some serious rattling going on while clutch is disengaged! when under power/load it pulls good , has no slippage. the clutch right now is noisy. what about that center nut behind the pressure plate?

Last edited by FileStyle; 05-07-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: mis spell
Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
LORD VADER Moderator

Is it only noisy when you have the clutch lever pulled in? Did you forget the light spring under the pressure plate? Have you greased the short shaft and ball on the clutch arm side(sprocket side). All other nuts tight,main nut on the clutch shaft? Is the clutch rubbing anywhere on the housing or cover you will see metal shaving and shiny spots. Did you take the clutch plate apart and loose any of the small loose bearings? There is also 3 screws under the clutch housing that hold the engine case together one of them might be loose and rubbing the clutch I've also found on some engines there are shimms under the clutch they go on first the the clutch assembly not all have them. Then the bearing on the shaft might be going bad they will make noise.
Check the easy things first.
Norman

Last edited by Norman; 05-07-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I've got an sbp shift kit and in the last couple rides it seemed like the clutch was slipping when i started it. the first 1/4 turn of the cranks didn't seem to spin the engine and then it would be impossible to turn. after a few attempts it works but initially it feels like the pressure plate in the clutch just isn't being grabbed by the pads. o wait... do i just need to tighten the flower nut? maybe this is a really dumb question thats been ansered a bijillion times. sorry if it is.

you might try the starr/flower nut first. Norman

Last edited by Norman; 06-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hi,
I just finished installing my bike motor kit and it went well but the motor will not start. I have tried contacting the dealer and RAW motors and no one responds.... I have fuel and spark(poor) but it will not even pop.
Any ideas?
Steve

Did try a little fuel mix about 1/2 teaspoon right into the spark plug hole and then try it? Norman

Last edited by Norman; 06-03-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Mr. Norman,

I am still confused (I stay that way a lot now) about the post/thread where Fairracing 31 responded about how to remove the chain. He cautioned about not loosing the ball bearing. Two photos were shown, one with a socket on the nut at the drive sprocket. I took the cover off to thread the chain onto the sprocket. The finger sized arm fell out when the cover was turned upside down, but there is no ball bearing. The arm/rod has a cutout in it. Does a ball bearing go into that slot/space? Or does that area fit onto the pencil size protusion and push it in when the clutch cable is pulled? If I am missing the ball bearing can you please give the size and a recommended source? Even the cat is laughing at me now. Thanks for any and all help and recommendations. Please don't say give this darn thing away now before I completely seal my fate with the devil.

Don
Old 06-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hi Norm,
I tried putting some gas in the cylinder as you suggested and I also tried spraying some starting fluid(ether) directly into the intake still no pop. Is the magnet on the end of the crankshaft keyed to the shaft? If not could it be out of time ?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I have a problem. I got my motor yesterday and started on it today thinking oh by this afternoon the wind would be blowing through my hair but no. The sprocket I intstalled will not leave enought clearnce for the breaking arm to be reattached and the frame to be mounted back properly. I have pictures if that would help.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

there is a post on this forum that shows you how to bend the brake arm and some mods to the axle to make your bike work I'm in L.A. right now and if you can't find the info I'll try to help you when I get back unless one of the guys wants to show you a link or the info.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

yes the mag rotor is keyed to the shaft if it shears you timing can be way off if you have a good spark and it won't run then you will need to look at the key under the mags rotor. I think its a wood ruff key pretty small and hatefull if it is sheared you can make one out of a little larger key by grinding it with a dremel tool or if you get lucky find one at a parts store. Some of the vendors here should be able to help you with getting the right key. If not let me know I can make you one.