Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles

Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles Vintage enthusiasts share your board trackers and other vintage motorized bicycles ideas, builds and replicas here

Old 11-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Copper Board Tracker

KC, I love the hammered finish on the green bike, clean, clean, clean/ Yep I like the art /creative aspect of building these motorbikes. Yep it can be an expressive endeavor whatever ones level is in build skill and budget. Never two alike. These Bikes really are a canvas and to add details really doesn't cost much more...it just takes a bit more time and planning.
I'm half bohemian, so art pumps through the veins I guess ,with almost all members of my family past and present and distant and even my Dad made a living in graphics, sign painting, portrait painting and pin stripe work. My sons are both graphic artists and my youngest is already an amazing creative artist at 13. I have the least amount of art talent of all of them for sure.

The side open tool box is now done except for white panel graphics and logo Yep the paint is full of light orange peel but is even in its finish and shines well. I'll rub the clear out with fine rubbing compound. Hey... its rattle can quality at its best. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aIMG_5664nnn.JPG (79.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5649.JPG (70.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5603.JPG (151.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:51 PM

I like everything about this build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTie View Post
Here is a wide shot and the hair pin spring seat etc.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:46 PM

Thanks Rick and Russell!, Its got a bit more green than the gulf blue but that is a awesome color. All ok now, I was worried I was going to get a few very ripe tomato's tossed my way on the color choice. Ok now I'm like all Mr. confident in my slightly uncommon color choice, LOL... but seemed retro to me at the least. My older brother had a mint 55 Chevy this exact color, so I guess it makes me smile. If anyone's ever interested its called Krylon Sea Grass/ satin with a Krylon extra thick clear coat.
More picts to come if I can get the frame painted later today.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 PM

That green is nice!! I like the Porsche malachite greens and Subaru sage green a lot too. Like this:

Last edited by Tony01; 01-05-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 PM

Malachite green

Last edited by Tony01; 01-05-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:33 PM

The green and the copper have a great and pleasant fifties feel about them. If you don't start off in your own direction your condemned to follow the crowd.

Steve.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:29 PM

I love the way your bike is coming together bud!
I hold creative 'clean' builders in the highest regards as I know a little about how much time, money and effort it takes to go above just 'making it go' and making something really special.

I don't want to intrude in your build topic and hope you don't mind too much as this will be short lived, but I simply couldn't help it man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTie View Post
KC, I love the hammered finish on the green bike, clean, clean, clean/ Yep I like the art /creative aspect of building these motorbikes.
It is fun and rewarding to work with new things like power coat textures.
It is $100 for to PC a frame regardless of texture so tried some things.

One of my favorite things about custom building a bike for a customer is when they grant me 'artistic freedom' with just some baseline parameters trusting that however it comes out they will love it.

Doing it for yourself is even more rewarding and I envy you for that as I can't even ride let alone keep what I build.

Quote:
Yep it can be an expressive endeavor whatever ones level is in build skill and budget. Never two alike.
These Bikes really are a canvas and to add details really doesn't cost much more...it just takes a bit more time and planning.
Ironically I have been planning a Chicago Cubs Tribute Build, have some of the important parts here but but since my caner and my son being shot and paralyzed from the waist down we are dead broke and cashing out some of our 401K just to get by, it has just been sitting in the bay.

So I get a call from a local today wanting one of my in frame gas tank 4-stroke shifting builds and I mentioned I have one partially done in the bay build, but that I could make it whatever he wants, and mentioned I was going to make it a Cubs Tribute bike and he flipped out!

He is a local Chicago transplant and HUGE Cubs fan!
This should be a really fun build depending on his budget ;-}

Again, sorry for highjacking your build topic but overall I think maybe a bit helpful to the newbies re-think how they build.

Last edited by KCvale; 11-17-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the thumbs up on the color. I just washed the frame in dawn dish soap over and over to degrease it, rinsed with scalding hot water and dried it well. Now im trying to figure out how to hang the frame and mask off the garage so I don't end up with a green garage, green tools and floor. Painting a frame ones self is easier said than done due to all the nooks and crannies while trying to not get drips etc. Here I go after I make sure the frame is dry and I get plastic hung somehow. Oh well here it goes, fingers crossed for no annoying fish eyes, runs and forgotten areas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint IMG_5667.JPG (42.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg paint IMG_5669.JPG (86.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-17-2016, 02:00 PM

Gee whiz KC that sound like a cool build we will all look forward to seeing it go together. Sorry to hear about the situations, but glad your not letting this beat you.

zip
Old 11-17-2016, 02:25 PM

just added the clear coat after base coat dried for 20 min turned out fairly nice but I swear my lungs hurt. I had on a dust mask ??? fumes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bIMG_5672.JPG (79.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg bIMG_5673.JPG (72.0 KB, 9 views)