Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Morini Bicycle Engine

Morini Bicycle Engine Italian made Franco Morini engines are the ultimate bicycle motor. Learn and share how to get the most out of morini motors.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Need Motor Mounts for KTM50 Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
This helped quite a bit getting me somewhere. Where would someone go get steel plates like this. The only place that I can think of is the junk yard, any place where I can get some steel parts? I could probably get parts and align them to my engine and then just go to a welder and tell him to weld the mounts together and then I can bring them home and just but the mounts on my bike. Would that be a good way to go about it or would the welder need to have my bike there? The only thing is that I don't really trust a welder to mount the motor as he might not think about motor alignment hmm...
I got mine at home depot and orchard hardware, and a steel yard in my city, but you could easily make do with just stuff from hardware stores. I just wanted 1 1/2" square steel tubing and they only had up to 1 1/4" at the hardware store.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Thanks guys it has widened my options I'll go check out my hardware stores around here starting with home depot. I'll be going after Wednesday most likely since I have some huge exams this Tuesday and Wednesday. I will also see if there's a steel yard around here. I'll keep you guys posted on what I come up with. Csnt wait to get this motor mounted ��
Old 10-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Make sure to paint the steel to help protect it from rust.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Luckily I have some black spray paint left over haha painting definitely on the list