A Bike Called "Murder"- BuildThread

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
In the albums of my profile on this forum. Click on the Sasquatch munchin jerky in the corner of my posts, and poke around my albums. The photos are all taken with my crappy "smertfone", and I apologise for that, but its my only way on the web lol. For some reason, the phone itself won't let me post pics in threads, but it uploads to albums here just fine. Most of the time I avoid taking photos with my phone, because they are so low quality.

Please note Allen, that Murder is not "done" or "finished" all though I am riding her. I've yet to consider paint, as I've still so many nifty parts to add, and I only want to strip and paint one time. I'll be converting one room of the ranch house into a spray booth on that occasion. Do it right one time, so it lasts a while.

My boss suggested Rhinoliner, at first I balked, but now I'm thinking... More than likely it will be a green so dark as to be nearly black. But, we shall have to burn that bridge when we come to it. The bike itself is a bit over the top, in my opinion, so I'd like the colors somewhat subdued.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
They make a bed liner that you can paint to to match whatever you are painting. My neighbor on his 40 Ford pickup box sides inside.LOL.................Curt

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Took a look. That is a really cool ride. I like the way it's looking so far.
And you know, every time I've thought I was "done" with my bike, I started thinking about something else I'd like to do or change. I'm not sure that they're ever really "done"-done.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Well, I got the tensioner installed. A note to others, you need bolts 1/4 inch longer!

SBP expansion chamber kit is installed. Managed to run it under the motor and stay on the left side, with the help of an old set of Motiv handlebars.

Need a half link for my pedal side chain, it's just not what I want without one, either a bit too long, or a bit too short.

I'll get picks up when my interweb connection is better...

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Update! Absolutely nothing to report, really. I did get a few miles out of my first attempt at plumbing the SBP pipe, it did preform quite well while it lasted. The bike pulled from a dead stop and demolished several steep hills. Unfourtunately, the silicone fittings let loose and I didn't much care for the way the header looked. I got a five foot stick of 3/4 in copper pipe, now all I need is to get me, the bike, and the proper sized conduit bender in the same place at the same time.

Been busy as a bee, not a lot of spare time, though I have been lurking.

Peace and love this holiday season, Merry Christmas!

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Another useless update to bump my thread!
Swapped out the bent stock micargi forks with a pair of suspension forks from a huffy Bella Vista I had laying around. I'm pleased to report they are way better than my stockers so far.
Just got a set of Odessy brakes, in fact I got two pair, not installed yet.
Still haven't finished my exhaust lol.
However I did find something that might be of interest to many of us. Wandering through the CAL Ranch store, I came across a set of pommel bags. As some may recall, these smaller versions of saddlebags have a hole in the strap that connects them. One that fits right over the tank of our gas caps... Owned a set once upon a time, but had never thought of them in MB terms before. Weaver Leather made my New set, cost me 13 and change.