Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: A Bike Called "Murder"- BuildThread

Got to take it out for a nice little ride with my friend Scotty. Need to jet leaner, but, I'm hoping on a SBP expansion chamber kit soon, and don't want to lean out till I see how that does. The banana kinda sucks. The bike did hit 36.9mph regardless, and rides very nice. Gets lots of stares and comments. Very fun ride, can't wait to finish buying all my parts. Like a nice set of springer forks, the SBP pipe, a spring loaded, clutch mounted chain tensioner, and a few other things.

A few new pics in my albums.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:43 PM

Looks good. Watch the springs on the seat. Mine broke. I hit 36 once but I think the temperature has allot to do with it. What did you do on the bike chain side to clear the motor?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:42 AM

I used a FUBARed kit tensioner, which is currently working, but really kinda sucks. I need a half link for the pedal chain, it's tight as a piano wire, and I'm almost out of the drop outs, if the tensioner wasn't trash, it wouldn't be an issue.

It was about 75-80 yesterday when I opened her up, but I agree, temperature has a lot to do with it, these things always run better in cool weather. I'm also running a 40t sprocket, so that might be part of it.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM

If you don't mind me asking how much do you weigh? I use a 36t and I weigh about 190lbs
Old 09-15-2016, 10:12 AM

I'm about 165, 6'2". After I get my SBP pipe, I'm going to give a 36t a shot. I think part of my top speed advantage might come from the inch long header on the banana pipe, I reckon it puts my power band way up high, but I'm just guessing.

Its certainly a lot faster than my buddy Scotty's bike. He's been building motorized bicycles for longer than I've been alive, and can't figure out why his bike just won't keep up. Scott is my benchmark, my bike must be better, faster, sexier, etcetra, or I'm not doing it right!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

That's a nice looking bike.

What tensioner are you getting? I really like mine from turbobuick1 on ebay.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM

Pistonbikes has one, I think it's Turbobuik1's design, the spring type, that attaches to the clutch cover. Its about $40 and I think it's worth it.

Thanks for the compliment, I do try.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger on my SBP pipe and my chain tensioner, stretching my shoestring budget to a piano wire tension. Its worth it though, to have a nice bike to cruise around on, and mine is far and away the nicest on the mountain that I know of. Next, I'll replace the slip shod gasbike mount for a Manic Mechanic one that actually fits my frame, and perhaps a second, just to move the motor forward and up so I can eliminate the tensioner on the pedal side. That may also require a different intake to get the carb clear of the frame. There's a few other things I have in mind...
Old 09-16-2016, 04:34 PM

No more Burger King for a while, LOL Glad you are getting it done................Curt
Old 09-16-2016, 05:19 PM

The next big ticket will be a set of the Springer forks from Lynn, the Harley replica type. After that, a SA drum front brake. Little stuff will come as it comes, like finishing off my electrical system.
I've got a 6v Sanyo generator that will feed a battery, lights and possibly a cell phone charger. Found some LED ground effect lighting in the bike section of Wal-Mart awhile back, I mounted the green set I got to my frame stays for the time being. Kinda showcases the motor. I intend to light this bike up like a Christmas tree, on the rare occasions I ride at night, I ride a long way through empty wilderness. I want to be seen, not a statistic.