Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Trikes (tricycle) and recumbent bicycles can give the ultimate in comfort for cruising on long trips or just around town. Ad an engine and they will really turn some heads.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Default Re: Motorized trike for a little old lady going to Burning Man

Outside of the rear basket, which may or may not be an issue, it looks like Norm gave this a lot of thought. No clue if it has a centrifugal clutch, but I see a pull-start four stroke, and it, and the fuel tank, are raised so she won't have to bend over far. Good welds with Norm's attention to detail. It should be fairly reliable and a cinch to maintain. I think she'll enjoy it way more than those mobility scooters that so many people are getting these days.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 02-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I dropped the bike off to her today... Here she is with her new ride!

image-2859080034.jpg

Follow VMB on facebook>>> facebook.com/VeniceMotorBikes

Follow VMB on Instagram>>> instagram.com/venicemotorbikes
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice Motor Bikes View Post
I dropped the bike off to her today... Here she is with her new ride!

Attachment 81735
I look at sweet lil lady and she ain't foolin me...you can see it in her eyes SpEEd!! You've got a repeat customer so get that 212cc ready! Also talk to Neal about another class the Trike Class!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMagz View Post
I look at sweet lil lady and she ain't foolin me...you can see it in her eyes SpEEd!! You've got a repeat customer so get that 212cc ready! Also talk to Neal about another class the Trike Class!
You might want to take a 'Trike Class' as apparently you have ever rode a motorized adult trike.
They are damn unstable with an offset drive and there is no 'lean factor' for turns, they just tip over.

A 212cc engine?
Max safe operational speed is 20-25mph, about 5-10 in a turn.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM

that looks awesome. I'd love to do the same thing one day soon...
Old 03-30-2016, 03:21 PM

Trike class, probably a good idea. I like! Everybody Happy!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
You might want to take a 'Trike Class' as apparently you have ever rode a motorized adult trike.
They are damn unstable with an offset drive and there is no 'lean factor' for turns, they just tip over.

A 212cc engine?
Max safe operational speed is 20-25mph, about 5-10 in a turn.
You need to get a sense of hummer ..master builder! I see you finally but out a bike with the white lettering on the same side...how does someone who now everything manage to not put tires on correctly?.... I don't care about tread direction ..it looks bad. So quit trying to correct everyone and worry about your bolt on builds. I don't complain but your a pain...😘
Old 03-30-2016, 04:04 PM

Trike class maybe advised but I can tell you that a sidecar class is a must. Both Silverbear and I literally took a side trip into the woods before we were out of his driveway.

Steve.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:54 AM

This thread is so entertaining & informative. I've wanted a side car rig since I was a teenager, trikes and trucks as well... Cushman, Indian, Harley, Simplex etc. but never ridden any three wheeled transports. Curtis you,Ludwig and Silver bears stories sometime back of "quick detours" on three wheels got me thinking safety.
The issue now comes up again on trikes & I'm listening! Recently I was pulling a little trailer behind my "Indian Outlaw" 2 stroker. The load consisted of two 30" high boxes weighing about 50 lbs. total. I was riding in a stiff wind gusting to about 40 mph. I had only a few blocks to travel & remember thinking several times go slow & slower on the turns. It was good advice yet the whole affair went over on it's side during a "slow" turn. Though I didn't go down & the bike stayed upright, just the trailer and load went over. Lucky, certainly, but I'm sixty nine years old and still learning new ways to get hurt!

I'd humbly suggest listening & reflection as well as sharing our experiences with others. No doubt we will still often disagree but we will do so with reason and occasionally it will prevent us from spilling our load. Rick C.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Still learning new ways to get hurt! That's a good one! I am 74 and still doing it. Seems to easy to forget what happens and do it again, after a few years. Hurts twice as much now.

To do a trike right one should use a Go-Kart differential for Northertool.com , no scrubing around corners and bothe wheels drive, Keep the weight low..............Curt