Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Mechanical Components > Lighting and Electrical

Lighting and Electrical Things that go ZOT! Ignition components, batteries, lighting and accessories

Old 03-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: My official testing of several different aftermarket CDIs

Vr been following this site for a while but only recently joined.the cdi got my attention.as this is something i positively have experienced i had to post on it.Fred knows the name procustom.autoworks an i got motor an cdi 3wks apart so take my word as true.i took his advice from end to end an i don't think it can possibly get any better. He is the one who out the cdi on me.I've found him to be straight up when it comes to this stuff even if its Not his product.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:15 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

HEY that's not me norm. But I am watching the thread and I am 'Huffydavidson" and no eles.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:18 PM

I don't wan't to sound uneducated about TDC and spark but if the engine fires before TDC by any percentage one the fuel is not fully compressed two the engine will without any doubt fail much earlier than id would firing a zero degrees or precise TDC. Where is the increase of power by firing a mixture before it completely compressed? I'm not an engineer but if I had to rely on the basis my engine would fire at top dead or not at all if it would be so pleased to make sense of doing for me..
Old 03-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

True YesImLDS... But I supported my claim with actual evidence.
My biggest gripes with Fred & Dan over all these years is that they've made many claims of their products being far superior to their competitons (& they've always refused the requests to show any testing or proof of it).

I didn't do these tests to bash Dan (or Fred); I did these tests solely because I want the best CDI possible on my new race bike, & there's ZERO information anywhere about any of them!

If I find that the HDL (or any other CDI) is truely even just a hair better than the rest?, you'll read about it in my future posts & you'll see it on my race bike next Saturday!

Follow VMB on facebook>>> facebook.com/VeniceMotorBikes

Follow VMB on Instagram>>> instagram.com/venicemotorbikes
Old 03-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Really Im not knowledge in that enough to say. What i am saying is i see by my T.I tach an feel the difference.this is how i determine my opinion.on my other bikes its Not as noticeable but on 1 like i said it will let you no. An with me all advice is welcome.it only makes me faster.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

But you are right.i believe in the truth about a product regardless
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYGOFAST View Post
I don't wan't to sound uneducated about TDC and spark but if the engine fires before TDC by any percentage one the fuel is not fully compressed two the engine will without any doubt fail much earlier than id would firing a zero degrees or precise TDC. Where is the increase of power by firing a mixture before it completely compressed? I'm not an engineer but if I had to rely on the basis my engine would fire at top dead or not at all if it would be so pleased to make sense of doing for me..
Ignitions needing to fire before top dead center is very common... (the faster the engine goes, the earlier you need to 'light the match' to make the boom. (But lighting it too soon will kill the engine).

Follow VMB on facebook>>> facebook.com/VeniceMotorBikes

Follow VMB on Instagram>>> instagram.com/venicemotorbikes
Old 03-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice Motor Bikes View Post
Ignitions needing to fire before top dead center is very common... (the faster the engine goes, the earlier you need to 'light the match' to make the boom. (But lighting it too soon will kill the engine).
Exactly! Because in most cases you have to pre-ignite due to the fact that by the time the explosion reaches the piston itself it'll then be at or just after TDC.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I guess as in life it all comes down to the timing lol. There is so much different info an opinion out there it would be nice to have a proven tested answer for any question about these bike.i get lost after a certain point on transfers n timing but have had some good combo come out of trials an error
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

OK I will ask my question again. Are these fixed values or is there a variable curve? If variable where does it began