Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Morini Bicycle Engine

Morini Bicycle Engine Italian made Franco Morini engines are the ultimate bicycle motor. Learn and share how to get the most out of morini motors.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:14 AM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Wink Re: Does anyone know anything about this Morini engine?

As Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes would say: "I know nothing.....I know nothing Der Commandant!" I know a little something about some Morini's in general, but I'm not telling...sorry
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy respect.....you have to earn it"
==================================================
Old 01-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Does anyone know anything about this Morini engine?

yup... the jug is still in great shape... a broken fin on the outside but the bore on this one is imaculate... I've just throwing out conservative numbers until I find out more about this engine... Just bought it a few months back and set it aside until I got my shop set up... still got a lot going on there too since I haven't hired any help yet. But I'm sure it can make the big power by adding more rpm so the torque shouldn't be too strong for the cvt belt... If I can get upwards of 10hp just by upgrading the intake and carb that's a really sweet deal.
The engine costed me $430 after shipping costs. The big bore kit is only $100 and if I remember right, the intake and reed upgrade isn't very expensive either. the link at treatland is messed up right now but here's the direct link to the engine's description... https://www.treatland.tv/franco-mori...ete-engine.htm

Here's the big bore kit that bolts up to it... https://www.treatland.tv/malossi-45-...kit-314195.htm
Kinda hard to pass up this deal so mine will most likely get this before I get a chance to install it in anything... Just gonna have to build a really strong frame, drive train, and rear wheel setup if it has the potential you say it can do when upgraded... Here's the link to all the upgrade parts treatland has that fit this engine... http://www.treatland.tv/SearchResult...CVF+EW+50+av14 May need to do something different for a better reed unless you got any links that wold help in that area.

How are the ports on the 5.8? is it a 4 port with a boost port on the intake? The 50cc jug that's on it has very similar ports to the 70cc cylinder in the pics at treatland... I did notice the ports were pretty well sized for the engine when I pulled the head after I got it. If the 5.8hp version has the same type ports then it most likely could make closer to 10 hp or more just by letting it breathe and rev up more. I'm assuming this thing can rev pretty high once it can breathe, and these may have been detuned to 3.9 hp for the type of bike it was in and the age group of the riders the bike was built for etc.

I'm starting to like this engine a LOT better already and may shift my thinking on what to build with it... this May just be a good cantidate for making a Boxxer type bike to put it in after all ... May be paying harbor freight another visit to get some tube bending equipment real soon... now I Really wanna make a killer frame to put this engine into...
Old 01-31-2015, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotto- View Post
As Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes would say: "I know nothing.....I know nothing Der Commandant!" I know a little something about some Morini's in general, but I'm not telling...sorry
Please... I'm not That desperate...

Don't flatter yourself...

Last edited by Davezilla; 01-31-2015 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:32 PM
Gutter Rider

On a S6T verses a S6S air cooled. There is no difference. At least there was not any what so ever on mine. The water kewled has a subtle difference tho. Like only one piston ring don't remember what else. Was something just cant recall?

So all I did was slap a real set of reeds a 21mm carby. Done deal.

I did forget I swapped over the S6S ignition too. It was different and I think I like it better.

I did not worry about porting. Shoot remotely comparing these to a crap china 2 smoke is absolutely comical for a lack of better descriptive words..
Old 02-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Definitely not gonna mess with the porting on this one... basically there's no need to, but I will take your advise on the bigger carb, manifold, and reed setup and see what it does from there... The ignition is another area I can do because the engine only comes with the ignition components under the side cover so the CDI and coil still need to be purchased. If one is better than the other that's the way I'll go as well.
I know treatland sells an ignition upgrade package that switches out everything but it's kinda pricy so I plan on just getting the CDI and coil it needs until I get it up and running.

For the 70cc kit, i'll see how it does as a 50cc but maybe get a kit if more torque is needed, considering this one has the CVT built in, that shouldn't be a problem once geared properly. I'll most likely gear for about a 45 to 50mph top speed so it should still have plenty enough boottom end with the cvt.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Gutter Rider

Sounds good Dave. Been my experaince up to a 21mm is do able. However they can take up a chunk of ones life fine tuning? Prolly depends on who is doing lol. In my case it was myself.

Mines got's after market atomizer,needle, jet etc in it to get it right. Had to find the right size needle for my off ilde progression. Even customized my needle with sand paper ''tiny tiny bit'' chucked up in a drill. Those were good times lol. Dang well worth to me tho. I got power everywhere for the most part now.

My engine does not like to idle for too long or it loads up. So I blip the throttle a tiny bit ever once in a while at the likes of a stop light. Also depends on weather it is the month of july or the dead of winter. Prolly part of this is my altitude.

Think little dragster engine. Those reed velves are part of the equition I am sure no matter what.

My carfully chosen jet was gradually opened up after a hourglass shape. Sounded like a good idea at the time. Runs wicked!

Last wanna say a reeded motor will like a 4 stroke engine type Atomizer too from what I have read.

When I had my little 5.8 hp S6T with the smaller carby/reeds . It would idle all day.

When I had 19's or 21mm on a china girl. They idled just fine. IME

Just what I found.