Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Norm's 2 stroke repair center

Norm's 2 stroke repair center Having problems with your 2 stroke engine? Just ask Norm, he loves to tinker and troubleshoot engines

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Kick stand fix for schwinn motorized bicycle

Here is all you have to do is drill with a #25 drill and tap with a 10-24 tap and insert a long 10-24 set screw with lock tite on it. The set screw will limit the amount that the kickstands leg can extend in the down position. Stock it will come all the way down and allow the bike to lean over too far and then its on its side. you can use a different size screw if you want and use a bolt or regular screw in place of the set screw.

I don't have a before picture but its stands nicely now

My finger is pointing to the screw where it sticks out on the inside of the stand and limits it travel. You can see a mark on the stands leg where the set screw has left its mark on the leg

I have an allen wrench in the set screw adjusting it to make the bike stand up better the Allen wrench is hard to see but it is there if you look closely. It looks like a black rod. the darn picture is just a little out of focus. but you get the idea.

This is an easy fix for a bike that likes to lay down all the time if your kickstand is like this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schwinnbike.jpg (88.1 KB, 991 views)
File Type: jpg schwinnbike017.jpg (55.8 KB, 2335 views)
File Type: jpg schwinnbike016.jpg (103.0 KB, 1553 views)
File Type: jpg schwinnbike015.jpg (75.7 KB, 1096 views)

Last edited by Norman; 02-28-2008 at 09:09 PM.