Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Norm's 2 stroke repair center

Norm's 2 stroke repair center Having problems with your 2 stroke engine? Just ask Norm, he loves to tinker and troubleshoot engines

Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Re: different way to mount a tuned pipe

Ghosto
When I measured the pipe from the flange to the start of the chamber mine was 13" measured on the outside of the curves it did look link of like a horse shoe. I made it 13" form the start of the exhaust flange to the start of the pipe and I do think it needs to be shortened. to 11" I just hve to do a little cutting and welding.

Jemma
its not real hard to do the changes even if you don't match up the transfer ports cylinder to crankcase. the toughest part was the intake manifold and that was because I used stainless steel tubing and mild steel for the flange witih only a oxy act. torch its very tough to get a good weld with out pin holes stainless is onery with the wrong welding equipment/gas.

I'm not working on it for a while as I'm worn out from all the playing this week end doing that bike, mowing the weeds, and PMing my Harley.
Sometimes I can change oil and never spill a drop well not this weekend every time I turned around I was sloping Royal Purple Syn oil all over the place
even the new oil I spilled it. The worst was pouring the used oil into a gallon jug and having it tip over on me I'm not squeaking anymore.
Norman
Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Any one try the turned around top end yet? Just wondering.
Norman
Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

we're not all as cra... um adventuresome as you
me bro and I however had to go look at our bikes for a minute
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Any one try the turned around top end yet? Just wondering.
Norman
It looks very tempting, but I only have one bike at the moment and don't want to sacrifice ride time.

There is no moment like the now moment.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 PM

That's the pipe I tried to order at Chinese scooter parts, wholesale scooter parts, ATV parts, dirt bike parts, 2 and 4-stroke engine parts, motorcycle parts, but it was out of stock so I ordered (got) part#190-19. cut my china muffler off and used the header upside down didn't even cut the pipe down; thought if it ran lousy I would cut an inch at a time off...but to my suprise it really brought the 70 china to life! I mean musta doubled the torqe and got about 10 mph more top end... Yes another pipe mounted up be the jewels.... Wrapped it with high temp header tape with ss clamps on each end.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 PM

Can't post... every time I try the site tells me to log in...right after I did!!!
What's up with that?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM

That's the pipe I tried to order at Chinese scooter parts, wholesale scooter parts, ATV parts, dirt bike parts, 2 and 4-stroke engine parts, motorcycle parts, but it was out of stock so I ordered (got) part#190-19. cut my china muffler off and used the header upside down didn't even cut the pipe down; thought if it ran lousy I would cut an inch at a time off...but to my suprise it really brought the 70 china to life! I mean musta doubled the torqe and got about 10 mph more top end... Yes another pipe mounted up be the jewels.... Wrapped it with high temp header tape with ss clamps on each end.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM

Question Re: different way to mount a tuned pipe

Joe, if you can show us a picture? Also is it louder or as quiet as the original muffler? Mac
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist

Hi Norm,

Nice mods... I had been wondering if this was possible myself... I guess you showed us all...

Thanks,
:-)

Caution: This hobby is habit forming.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

That is going on my short list of things to do. I have a bike that is big enough that I may not have to make anything new as far as intake goes.....