Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Norm's 2 stroke repair center

Norm's 2 stroke repair center Having problems with your 2 stroke engine? Just ask Norm, he loves to tinker and troubleshoot engines

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Motorized Bicycle Carburetor install and rebuild

Pictures from taking the carb off the bike and taking it apart to puting it back together and some info. on how and what it all does well sort of and ways to change the min jet for those who want to and areas that can bite you by plugging off and sort of how to fix them. I hope this will sort out your questions if not let me know. I think this is a very nice and simple carb I think its great some of you hate it, can't make everyone happy. Here's the pictures.
The pencil is pointing to where you can turn this out and take up some of the slack on the throttle cable.

CLICK ON THUMBNAILS TO ENLARGE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict027.jpg (92.7 KB, 2559 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Re: Carb pictures how to

off the bike and on the bench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict001.jpg (76.6 KB, 1831 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

bang its apart. My dry board doesn't have spell check and my penmanship needs work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict002.jpg (19.0 KB, 2785 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

I wanted you to see the IDLE SCREW and the little throttle slide guide and the fuel tickler, push it down for a few seconds and it lets fuel in the carb for a cold start along with using the choke. I don't use it myself.( the tickler)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict003.jpg (98.3 KB, 1895 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

this should explain its self.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict004.jpg (92.8 KB, 2436 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

.026 is stock dia. of main jet on my carb to go leaner solder shut and drill smaller my suggestion is one size at a time.
Most adjustment can be made with the e-clip on the needle. This effects a little on the idle to about 3/4 throttle. If you can't get it tuned with the e-clip and want to go richer or leaner make sure of your stock size then drill the next size bigger or smaller.
If you want to lean it out go smaller depending on what you think you need then test your bike.
I've found that going to a 0.65mm at my elevation of 3200 ft this size works good.
when you look at some of these main jets your going to find some drilled wobbled out or way out of round getting a nice straight true hole is important and having no burrs is a very good idea if you mess it up solder it shut and do it again it don't take much solder and just plain solder used to solder wire works good. try to do it as precise as you can if you can't or don't have the tools I can do it for you just PM me to let me know so I can send you my address for mailing it to me be sure to put the main jet in something so the jet won't come out of the envelope or box. I had one guy send me one and it got lost in the mail the envelope got here but no jet.
the photo shows the main jet with a drill bit in it the tool to the right laying on top of the micro bits is the pin vice its a hand operated drill you chuck up the micro drill bit in the pin vice and spin the drill with your fingers slow to do but if done right you won't break the drill bit.
Do not use an electric drill with the micro bits you will break them and more than likely they wont fit the electric drills chuck as the bits are very small in diameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict005.jpg (112.2 KB, 1360 views)

Last edited by Norman; 01-08-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

screwdriver points to the mainjet on the very end of the emulsion tube/siphon tube might be a better name as only gas comes up through it no air.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict006.jpg (91.0 KB, 1788 views)

Last edited by Norman; 11-07-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

pointing to the place where if you get trash in the tank and no filter this is where it will get to first and cause the engine to flood you got to take it apart to get it out. this can be removed by taking off the fuel line and unsrcewing the fuel inlet pipe carefully and don't loose the red gasket hard to make and will leak if you mess it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict008.jpg (111.8 KB, 1720 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

explains its self
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict009.jpg (102.3 KB, 1509 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

float how it looks when its upside down I'm sure there's a measurement in china but I don't know what it is I should have measured it the pic. should get you in the ball park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict011.jpg (40.6 KB, 1343 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict010.jpg (87.3 KB, 1471 views)
Closed Thread