Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Dealer

Exclamation Re: Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper Information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
Looking for any information regarding the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper, it's likely that Schwinn ( Rumored ) only built a total of 50 of these bikes with the front wheels being the same size as the rear wheel both of which are 20-inch X 4-1/4-inches.

I believe that I've found the front forks for sale at Chopperdome.NL 164.00-Euros about $235.00 US Dollars, which would allow for any standard / regular 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Chopper to be converted to a 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Fatboy, price is a lil steep though!

Here's the size as posted on Chopperdome.NL for the Fatboy Front Forks:

The Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 4 3/4" tires.
1/1 8"
#S9102

length legs: 730 mm
length steering tube: 220 mm
width axle: 170 mm
width legs: 130 mm

Here's the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper with 20-inch front wheel and 20-inch rear wheel. Hence the Fatboy name!

If anyone has information regarding this Schwinn Chopper known as a Stingray Fatboy Chopper please post it here, especially any information where the Fatboy Extra Wide Front Forks can be purchased, other than Chopperdome.NL I would appreciate it if you would let me know!

Here's a Pic of the extra wide Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Front Forks sold at Chopperdome.NL $235.00 US Dollars...OUCH!!!

The Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 20" / 24" / 26" X 4 3/4" tires.

1"1/8"
#S9102

length legs: 730 mm
length steering tube: 220 mm
width axle: 170 mm
width legs: 130 mm

Thanks Crazy Horse, Peace.
I've finally found the perfect Triple Tree setup to convert any Stretch Cruiser or any Chopper front forks to fit up to a 6" yes six inch wide tires with up to 100mm rims.

Or you could get the Atomic Zombie book with plans to make almost any size wheel fit your bike with frame and fork modifications of course.

So if you want to build a Basman style Stretch Cruiser or Chopper style build like those Atomic Zombie style builds with super fat wheels you can do it now.

C.H.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Droid Razr 2140.jpg (30.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Droid Razr 2565.jpg (332.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Droid Razr 2577.jpg (431.4 KB, 121 views)

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper Information?

A fellow in Florida with a websit "Pedal Choppers " makes or has access to a front end , Triple trees and forks that you are looking for . Sized to fit either a 20 or 24 inch wheel and 4-1/4 inch tire . Best of all he also has a pair of rear frame drop outs that extend the frame to fit a 24 inch wheel and FAT tire on the back . I am a 6 foot adult who does not like a gorrilla romancing a grape on a 20 inch bike . Pedal Choppers is dependable to work with . I think his name is Jim , he often emails back to you the same day . good luck . Mark .