Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > 2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits

2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 2 stroke engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Motorized Bicycle Carburetor pictures how to install and rebuild

Pictures from taking the carb off the bike and taking it apart to puting it back together and some info. on how and what it all does well sort of and ways to change the main jet for those who want to and areas that can bite you by plugging off and sort of how to fix them. I hope this will sort out your questions if not let me know. I think this is a very nice and simple carb I think its great some of you hate it, can't make everyone happy. Here's the pictures.
The pencil is pointing to where you can turn this out and take up some of the slack on the throttle cable.

you can see a hose attached to the intake manifold it was for testing a boost bottle after testing them I now have the hole plugged with a pipe plug. My finding are the boost bottle does a couple of thing the first is it boosts your money from you pocket into the sellers pocket. second is you are stuck with a hole in the intake after wards unless you either plug it or weld the hole shut.

Last edited by Norman; 12-30-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Re: Carb pictures how to

off the bike and on the bench.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

bang its apart. My dry board doesn't have spell check and my penmanship needs work.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

I wanted you to see the IDLE SCREW and the little throttle slide guide and the fuel tickler, push it down for a few seconds and it lets fuel in the carb for a cold start along with using the choke. I don't use it myself.( the tickler)
when you go to put the slide back into the carb make sure, I mean damn sure you put the slide in the carb matching the long slot of the slide with with the small pin in the carb (aka. the slide guide0 it is on the opposite side of the idle screw. Look it over closely work the throttle twist grip while looking into the throat of the carb(air cleaner off ) making sure the throttle slide closes all the way and opens all the way. If you don't do this step you might get a "Mr. toads wild ride' the first time you fire up your bike. YOU DO HAVE THE KILL SWITCH HOOKED UP RIGHT? Good for you now letsw continue with tearing this unpolished turd up.

I have the idle screw label inside as idle speed tit in slide body. It should be just the tip of the idle speed screw. the idle speed screw works on the short notch of the throttle slide holding the slide open just enough for the engine to idle when you get the idle speed screw adjusted to your liking, the slides short notch is angled for the idle speed rounded off end to sit against as you turn in the idle speed the rounded end pushes against the angled notch making the slide open up a little for the proper idle. How fast it idles depends on you or what you like for an idle speed. If your running lights then you might want a faster idle if it dies when your light are turned on .

Last edited by Norman; 11-22-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

this should explain its self.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

.026 is stock dia. of main jet on my carb to go leaner solder shut and drill smaller my suggestion is one size at a time ( what affects wide open throttle is main jet dia.). Most adjustment can be made with the e-clip on the needle. This mostly affects the less than wide open area of throttle. If you can't get it tuned with the e-clip and want to go richer make sure of your stock size then drill the next size bigger then test your bike. I have found some other carbs have 0.025 main jets.
I've also found that if the needle is not tapered or taperd properly your engine will not rev up ask Pablo. you can measure the taper at the tip by the grooves it should be arond 0.070 and down at the pointed end about 0.068 or so more taper the richer it will get you can ruin it in a heart beat by sanding it but sometimes you have to do this by chucking it up ina dremel and use 600 wet/dry and very lightly spin the needle while holding the paper to the needle check it often and try it in the bike until you are happy with it or ruined it and need to get a new one. Dam I hate it when that happens.

Last edited by Norman; 11-16-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: found a carb with a different jet size.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

screwdriver points to the mainjet on the very end of the emulsion tube

right under the chokes mounting nut and a little to the left is the carbs floats chamber vent hole it can become plugged but I've not seen one plugged yet.

if your choke keeps vibrating to the choke on position the nut you see on the choke lever can be tightened just a little bit to stop the choke going on problem. after a slight tightening work the lever. All you want is some resistance to movement over tightening it will break the bolt off.

Last edited by Norman; 12-30-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

pointing to the place where if you get trash in the tank if you do not run an inline filter this is where it will get to first and cause the engine to flood you got to take it apart to get the dirt/trash out. this can be removed by taking off the fuel line and unsrcewing the fuel inlet pipe carefully and don't loose the red gasket hard to make and will leak if you mess it up.

Last edited by Norman; 11-16-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

explains its self

Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Informative and funny at the same time! Thanks,,