Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: Would you motorize this??

I just got a Raincity chopper. I really wanna motorize it. I like the all black motor in the pic. Did you just paint that yourself or did you get it like that?

My biggest concern for motorizing this bike its the tank. Obviously I can't just use the plastic tank (which was disappointing when I found out.) and I really don't want to put a different tank cuz this one fits the style of the bike and all. So I've decided on there are 3 different routes I can take.

I can motorize my bike and put the gas tank somewhere else (possible disguised as an oil can).
Or I carve out the inside of my tank using it as a shell for a smaller and actually useable tank.
Or I can go electric.

If there are any other options I'm all ears. Please send suggestions it really helps, thank you.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Bikes like those aren't ergonomical at all, and shouldn't be rode for long distances. If you want to get your use out of the thing, fugg it put a motor on it. Plus things with motors are way cooler than things without, so if at all it would be worth more.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Totally. I'm definitely going to motorize it, just need to figure out the best way.
Where did you get that all black motor? Did you get it like that or did you paint it your self?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Bike berry. http://www.bikeberry.com/product_inf...oducts_id=4593
You could buy some high temp black spray paint, like bbq paint or caliper paint and do it yourself. That's up to you.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quick, fast, and in a hurry! I would also not use a china girl, I would do some minor cutting and put one of the honda 50 clones with a 4 speed. However that would require a certificate of origin and license to drive at that point. I'd do it though.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
Totally. I'm definitely going to motorize it, just need to figure out the best way.
Where did you get that all black motor? Did you get it like that or did you paint it your self?
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. The motor is one of the BGF limiteds with dual start and cent. clutch. I paint all my motors with dupli color engine enamel. No I dont think im gonna motorize this one, that pic with the motor next to it was to shoow a friend how small the motor looks next to the bike, and how it would look silly with a china girl. If I were you i seriously wouldnt motor it. It is rare and ppl will offer alot of $$ for it, not if its messed up from a motor and gas. I have had a few offers on mine already. If you really have to i would do a electric set up.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOOH View Post
just do it. i dont think the bike will rase in value because there are only 1,500. Besides the thing looks like a chopper, let her feel like a chopper.
i agree...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I looked around and its typically around 1,000 used. I got it in mint condition for 500. The whole reason I got it was to motorize it in the first place. Right now I'm thinking I'll convert a motorcycle oil pan into a functional gas tank for my bicycle. That way I don't take anything from the bike but just added to it.

The kid I bought this from said Raincity choppers actually sells the motor mounts for these bikes but every time I look it up I can't find it, does anyone know anything about that?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM

no. keep it the way it is. thats a rare bike it seems and you are lucky enough to have one!!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I definitely want to motorize it. My roommate says to take the mock gas tank but think it would be better to use an oil can from a motorcycle as the gas tank and leave the mock tank cuz it fits the style.

I live in sw Portland near Ross island bridge and work next to the Broadway bridge. Waterfront is a straight rout for me to get to work so I rode my Redline Raincity chopper to work. It's a big pain in ass even on level ground, forget about going up anything. It rides really low so I need more momentum then normal just to get going, with a motor that shouldn't be a problem anymore I believe. Also you've gotta be really careful if your going on the side walk. It kept bottoming out at the lil incline and decline at the corners where the cross walk is.

So I've got Questions
1) Does anyone know where or how I can get the motor mount Redline/ Raincity choppers made for this thing?
2) is it possible to concert a motor cycle oil can into a gas tank for my bicycle?
3) Whats the real going rate for this bike? And would it gain value or lose it if it were motorized