Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Morini Bicycle Engine

Morini Bicycle Engine Italian made Franco Morini engines are the ultimate bicycle motor. Learn and share how to get the most out of morini motors.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Angry Re: Dave31 BoXer

Going to get rid of the quick release for the seat tubes on my bikes. Not going to be a victim again.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Dave31 BoXer

That's weak.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:35 AM

Totally un cool for sure... I hope they lose that seat right in the middle of a big jump and get all the love the seat post has to offer a thief when he lands...
Old 08-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Santa Cruz Scooter Works

You've got to be kidding! What fool steals a seat? What sucks is you were in and out in ten minutes. Sorry that I had to learn something from your experience but from now on I plan on weaving my lock thru my seat as well.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
You've got to be kidding! What fool steals a seat? .
I keep thinking the same thing? Why just a seat? If they really, really wanted too they could have cut the lock and taken the bike.

I can't help think it is somebody who dislikes MB's and just wanted to piss me off.

I am glad it was just the seat and seat tube...easily replaced

I drove around looking, asked a few people if they saw anything but no luck. I even asked O'Reilly if they had a security cam. Unfortunately they have no camera on that side of the building.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Found a old Bell seat and seat tube that I had forgotten I had.

I like the seat for my cruisers its nice and comfy. But it's so wide not sure how I will like it on the BoXer.

I remember using it on one of my MTB, works great for cruising around the street but I did not like it for trail riding.

When you spend a lot of time on the pedals like I do on trails and off-road the width of the seat bothered me.

But, its what I got for now so I'll use it until I purchase another seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat & tube bicas.JPG (179.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Shame! This is why I have trust issues around strangers. Used to never have to worry about things going missing in a small town I lived in, but now it seems everybody wants something for free... Even if that means stealing it.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:30 PM

careful on the dunes, that sand will tax, overheat and sieze a motor in no time. seen it countless times and thats with knobbies, paddles are better but good luck. just take a walk in the sand. i know your a desert dog but just a warning. dennis
Old 08-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

You are correct Dennis

Riding in a dry wash is not so bad because of the rocks that help with traction. Plus in a wash the sand is more compacted.

But when I went to the dunes, I realized real fast it is not a place for a motorized Bicycle.

One of the reasons I never shared my ride at the dunes, really wasn't much to share. I planned on making some kool videos and sharing photos but I only road it once for a few minutes.

Wasn't so bad if I got up to speed, but keeping the speed up was very difficult and as soon as I backed off the throttle it would just bog down in the sand.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:09 PM

been a dune coon most of my life, best bike is a cr500 but that's way to much for this old man. lately i've been sitting in a 4 wheeler watching, saw it all 1960's to now, things have changed alot and not all for the better. between the B.L.M. and the gangsters you have to be.... well i'll leave it at that.