Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Morini Bicycle Engine

Morini Bicycle Engine Italian made Franco Morini engines are the ultimate bicycle motor. Learn and share how to get the most out of morini motors.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Help Needed for Tomar Hole shot Clutch

I am trying to install a Tomar clutch into a Denardis 65cc liquid cooled engine. I talked to the guys at Quartermaster and they said the Tomar for the KTM engine fits the specs for the Denardis and to use the .010 thrust washer instead of the .025 thrust washer. I followed the instructions and installed the clutch. However I am having trouble getting it to hit hard. I have tried 4 different adjustments on the screw settings doing 1/4 turn increments. Im not sure how to measure air gap and could use some advice as to how it is done . I also was wondering if the shim that goes in between the drive hub and the friction plate should be used. I would appreciate your help and advice, Thanks Andrew
Old 09-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Help Needed for Tomar Hole shot Clutch

Measure the spring heights. and make sure they are all the same.

Here is the manual:

http://news.compperformance.com/Instructions/910502.pdf

Air gap measurement instructions are on the second page.

I found that castrol transmax for Honda automatic transmissions was the best fluid for that clutch.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:24 AM
Santa Cruz Scooter Works

Default Re: Help Needed for Tomar Hole shot Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang View Post
I am trying to install a Tomar clutch into a Denardis 65cc liquid cooled engine. I talked to the guys at Quartermaster and they said the Tomar for the KTM engine fits the specs for the Denardis and to use the .010 thrust washer instead of the .025 thrust washer. I followed the instructions and installed the clutch. However I am having trouble getting it to hit hard. I have tried 4 different adjustments on the screw settings doing 1/4 turn increments. Im not sure how to measure air gap and could use some advice as to how it is done . I also was wondering if the shim that goes in between the drive hub and the friction plate should be used. I would appreciate your help and advice, Thanks Andrew
What rpm is it engaging?