What about really comfortable cruiser seats?

GoldenMotor.com

kite surfer

Feb 19, 2016
Gulfport, MS
Took a 32 mile trip, with a stop for 15 minutes or so. My butt was in major pain the last few miles of the trip. Now the seat on my Micargi cruiser is probably one of the most comfortable I have ridden on, plenty of spring to it. But it seems not enough...

Has anyone found a seat that is the end all of seat comfort for long trips? Im planning a 120+ mile trip and would like to do it without getting blisters on my bum...

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
cloud 9 makes some good seats, prices are reasonable too.
get a wide one with springs and a thick gel pad. i do long rides on rough trails all the time now, my old seat would practically break your tailbone in about 30 minutes.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
that's what i love about these bikes, when in doubt... buy both.
it's a fun, and affordable, addiction...

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
that's what i love about these bikes, when in doubt... buy both.
it's a fun, and affordable, addiction...
So true Leo!

When I bought the KTM bike below, the seat was so hard, I was sure it was the first thing I was going to replace. Any long trip had my thighs red and raw.

I complained to a friend who rode the same type of bike. He said:
"It ain't a seat, it's a bumpstop! Just get on it and RIDE."

His advice was true. The more I rode, the more my butt toughened up and I realized those engineers knew their stuff. More than once that stiff foam saved my spine from unexpected hard impacts.

I've gotten used to it but not done more than 300kms in a day on it.

I do like a larger more supple saddle on a touring bicycle. They seem to be one of the more expensive things to buy for a bicycle. Maybe because they're worth it?

Did 36 kms tonight and yesterday, and 50kms before that as I test reliability before I start taking the bike on the 50kms daily work commute. So far my butt is fine. How's it look to you guys?

You looked!

Steve

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Brooke's is a great seat but you need to give it time to contour to your rumbass. For a seat that feels like it's not even there go for the Sportsman BTR seat. Price is much easier higher but stainless pan and leather will last for a very long time. That's what I sit on!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
All my bikes have Brooks, Ideale, or similar leather saddles. It's true about them being hard until broken in, but once they are, they're awesome.

I ride (pedal) just about every day, either a short trip to the liquor store, or a 50+ mile ride to the beach and back.

My butt never gets sore anymore, and no numbness in my, uh, nether regions.

The plain truth, is the more you ride, the less you hurt. Your butt gets used to it.

If you're a weekend cruiser, big gel seats are usually the way to go. There's many big, padded, springy, comfortable looking seats on new stock bikes, but one long ride and you'll know they weren't made with your comfort in mind. After a while, you can tell just by the look and feel of a seat that it's gonna hurt, without ever riding it.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Best I ever found. it is big. I love mine so much I am adding them to several of my other bike too.
I asked brown on our last ride how he liked that seat? His response was "just like sitting on the couch at home". I tried it out myself right before our last ride together and Mike is not kiddin. That is one very comfy seat!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Cloud 9 "comfort saddle" period!

That's coming from an ex-mtn. bike racer running Selle Italia Titanium "Flite Saddles" with just the carbon fiber shell, no padding.

the Cloud 9

Last edited: