Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Norm's 2 stroke repair center

Norm's 2 stroke repair center Having problems with your 2 stroke engine? Just ask Norm, he loves to tinker and troubleshoot engines

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Default Re: Carb pictures how to

adjusting the float for the fuel level this is something to do only if you can't get it to stop flooding or over filling the bowl with fuel. If you ruin it you most likely will have to get a new carb. I haven't checked on parts at the cycle shops. I'm showing where to bend it I don't recommend bending the tangs as it would be hard to bet them the same and they probably are not the same anyway. messing with fuel level in the float bowl will affect rich to lean to a degree how much on this thing I don't know. lower fuel level equals learner mixture and can starve engine and you might burn a hole through the piston. something to think about. Do a plug check when messing with the carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict014.jpg (102.0 KB, 873 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

I'm not a big fan of silicone but there is a time and a place for this stuff. This will seal the intake to carb very, very, I do mean very well. YOU WILL NOT SUCK SOMETHING into your engine and cause you a big heartache this way. I ,m showing you how easy it is to do step by step.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict015.jpg (109.0 KB, 1040 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict016.jpg (115.5 KB, 980 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict017.jpg (75.3 KB, 897 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

push it together. you can do this on the bike if you got the room sometime you will have to remove the aircleaner to mount the carb on a tight fitting frame. after pushing it together just a little twisting to help spread the silicone and aline up the casting seams on the carb and the manifold tighten the bolt and TADA.( I polished off the seam fooling around with the polishing wheel and never mind the weird fitting its for a boost bottle and I wanted to try one so I made one. I would recommend a tuned pipe money better spent and thats my 2-cents but they don't hurt anything and if you want it to look cool sticker and all go for it( it your cash spend it the way you want to). I did find the engine will idle at a much lower setting on the idle screw and the thing seems to run smoother but top end nada. My final thoughts on the boost bottle is don't waste your time/money on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict018.jpg (101.7 KB, 532 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict019.jpg (97.2 KB, 586 views)

Last edited by Norman; 05-23-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: bogus boost bottles my 2-cents.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

as the picture says no part of a o-ring sticking out in the bore and no need to worry about it coming loose and the engine eating it. the carb should not come loose or leak and you don't have to worry about keeping the carb pushed up tight against the ring while tightening it. I rest my case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict020.jpg (103.4 KB, 555 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

airbreather exploded view. I cut the opening where the air comes in on the breather teeth opened it up a little. the gain? more noise for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict021.jpg (103.7 KB, 799 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

I thought I'd show the choke and the symbols we all know what they mean . you can read chinese can't you. The filter ain't the best but it works for me and I'm cheap. #2 pic. almost done the last parts to go in the carb and again the stock setting and parts aligned on sequence of assembly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict022.jpg (102.7 KB, 699 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict023.jpg (109.4 KB, 1043 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

I should delete as this didn't turn out real well. I wanted to show you how to make the cable end for the carb made out of a single strand of copper phone wire wrapped around the cable and silver soldered and there is an example of the wrapping and a finished end I made these just for this post on a scrap piece of cable ther's more ways to do this I find this very simple to do. The silver solder to me is important don't want the end to get loose and go through the engine and that is where it will go if it gets a chance. Nasty picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict024.jpg (131.5 KB, 775 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

bottom picture is a little out of focus but shows how the thing looks assembled correctly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict025.jpg (104.9 KB, 672 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict026.jpg (61.5 KB, 966 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

pen pointing to an adjustment area for taking up slack on the throttle #2 pic my throttle cable has another adjustment up at the twist grip to take the skack out of the throttle cable.#3 all done. #4 its running and its cold .
Thats it hope your questions got answered if not give me a PM.
Norman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict027.jpg (92.7 KB, 684 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict028.jpg (67.0 KB, 592 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict029.jpg (106.6 KB, 660 views)
File Type: jpg carbpict030.jpg (125.4 KB, 711 views)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Carburetor install and rebuild

original thread for coments and questions click here http://motorbicycling.com/f4/carbure...build-195.html
Closed Thread