100cc Honda Boardtrack

GoldenMotor.com

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
Started with an American Flyer "Coast" beach cruiser. The engine is out of a 2004 Honda xr100r, with a five speed tranny. This actually is not going to be a motorbike. It's going to be pedal-less. I still am not sure about my Hub, and Brake selection. Re-Weld monarch springers and put a disc brake in front, use a disc brake hub in back for my sprocket to bolt onto, and only run a front brake. I don't know yet, I may just use a friggin' parachute! Suggestions? Maybe lacing bicycle wheels to moped hubs. Like the bike?

Cheers,

Patrick

Attachments

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
Started with an American Flyer "Coast" beach cruiser. The engine is out of a 2004 Honda xr100r, with a five speed tranny. This actually is not going to be a motorbike. It's going to be pedal-less. I still am not sure about my Hub, and Brake selection. Re-Weld monarch springers and put a disc brake in front, use a disc brake hub in back for my sprocket to bolt onto, and only run a front brake. I don't know yet, I may just use a friggin' parachute! Suggestions? Maybe lacing bicycle wheels to moped hubs. Like the bike?

Cheers,

Patrick
i want it lol

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
I have decided to go with hubs from a Honda Supercub. I will most likely lace them to Velocity Aeros, then have my LBS tension and true them. I will be fabricating new rear drop outs to accept these style hubs. I have also decided to go with a monarch style springer, also modified to accept the Honda hubs. I was wondering, should I get the heavy duty monarch from VMB or just buy the originals and reinforce them myself? I heard these front ends fail. Today I got the engine mounted and the frame stiffened. I also picked up the sheet steel for my tank, it will be part of the frame, not removeable. I will be posting updated pictures after this weekend. I know this is not an era replica, it will have an old school look with some new school flare! Is what I am hoping for.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm prety shure you can use a tophat adapter and sprocket from king's sales and still use a rear disk aswell.
Just looked it up, yes you can

Last edited:

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
So here are some pictures of the progress I made during the weekend. The tank needs a lot of work still, obviously. The bottom of the tank is still open so I can beat on the top of the tank from the underside. I have never built a tank before, I know it will come out good though. Once it is sealed I will do most the body work with led, and then go to the bondo. I have decided I will pt the bottom bracket on it, on the bottom backside of the engine. super wide spindle with super short crank arms. I am lookng for a rear moped hub to utilize. I want this thing to be a true MB! Well I'm outta here, hope you like it!

Cheers,

Patrick

Attachments

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
I think you have the wrong forum, looks like you are building a custom motorcycle to me. Specially since the pedals are missing .. Other than all that. It is one beautiful build..

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
So here are some pictures of the progress I made during the weekend. The tank needs a lot of work still, obviously. The bottom of the tank is still open so I can beat on the top of the tank from the underside. I have never built a tank before, I know it will come out good though. Once it is sealed I will do most the body work with led, and then go to the bondo. I have decided I will pt the bottom bracket on it, on the bottom backside of the engine. super wide spindle with super short crank arms. I am lookng for a rear moped hub to utilize. I want this thing to be a true MB! Well I'm outta here, hope you like it!

Cheers,

Patrick
I have a moped rear hub that runs direct mount sprocket on one side & drum brake on the other. $25 + shipping of about $12

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
huricane...............Yeah..... If you read the last post I posted it said

"I have decided I will put the bottom bracket on it, on the bottom backside of the engine. super wide spindle with super short crank arms. I am lookng for a rear moped hub to utilize. I want this thing to be a true MB"

A bottom bracket is what holds bicycle cranks, which hold the pedals, so I can pedal it. The right model rear moped hub will work because it will have a drive sprocket for the engine on the left side, and a cog for the bicycle drive on the right sie. So if you bothered reading the last post, you would have seen that I am building a true MotorBike.
I am planning on breaking MB records on this thing!

dv8cam definately interested in that hub, does it have a bicycle freewheel on right and engine drive sprocket on left?

Last edited:

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
I hear ya Fullen, I was yankin ur chain, that bike will be awesome when done regardless if you need a motorcycle license or not.

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
Unfortunately, here in California you need a motorcycle license to drive a motorized bicycle, even an electric bicycle! Pretty lame, but it is the law. I'm not saying one has to obey the law, just saying, no matter what the cicumstances, yes, one will need a license to ride this bike in Cali. A big misperception is that these bikes require no license, in CA they do, you must have atleast an M2.

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
You don't need any license to ride an electric bicycle in CA if it
has pedals.
Electric bicycles require a bicycle helmet and be over 16.

You are absolutely right. I should have said pedal-less electric bikes need an M2 to legaly operate. But as far as me needing a motorcycle license or not to ride my build. Yes, any gas powered bicycles in California require a M class license, and registration with the DMV. My point was, whether or not my build has pedals, it will require an M license. Not that it really matters because I have way to much horsepower to legaly be a MB anyways. Also this bike will go way over 30mph on level ground.

FlyingJerkel

Aug 18, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Crazy how this bad ass build has to be turned in to a legal/not a MB thread.

Adam
+1

Speaking from my own experience and prospective, this forum is greatly responsible for influencing and spawning a new breed of fabricators. It's just unfortunate that the same group of people have to turn to technical scrutiny of that offspring that they helped influence.

Justin

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
back to the awesome build please! i had a xr 100 and it was quick I'm really looking forward to the outcome of your bike,good luck and don't give up! any updates?