Just wanted to share with you !

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I know this does not fit in here but i wanted to share her with some of the old timers that can appreciate just exactly what she is. She is a 1961 Cushman Eagle. Street value of $5000 here and I got her for $3500. What do you guys think of her?

Attachments

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
It's a scooter, and a very nice one. Only other cushman I have ever seen had a Briggs v twin, looks like that eagle has room for one.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
went from florida to connecticut on a 1950-something model back in '63 - took most of the summer & doubt I could survive a trip that hard today

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Well, that's the most stylish Cushman I've ever seen. The ones I remember were boxy.

Not that that's such a bad thing. But they weren't going for style.

This one bears the family resemblance. But it also has curves. Neat!

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
A Cushman Highlander was the first motorized vehicle that I drove. It was the centrifugal clutch version, and it only had a rear brake. It was the summer of 1963. The second thing I drove was a Ford 8N tractor. That was the next summer. Summers were magical times back then. Now, they're just hot.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I was nine my Dad bought me a Doodlebug, minibike. I had it until I was thirteen and I had saved my pennies and dimes and bought a basket case Eagle. Dad and I got it back together and running and I rode it, unlicensed and unregistered until I was fifteen then I traded it for a 250 Zundapp motorcycle.

That Eagle was the coolest thing though. Big old kick starter pedal and a real motorcycle gas tank with a side shifter. I wish I had it today. Mine was never as beautiful as yours. It was flat black and no chrome.

There is a club of Eagle owners in Denver. They make a lot of the local car shows and all the grey beards enjoy seeing them. A true American classic.

Thank you for sharing yours with us. Brings back some fond memories.

Tom

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep Tom use to ride on a friends Eagle all the time. And that Doodlebug worth would be a lot today.

From there when got old enough i had a Monark twin for a couple years until the rod went out of the engine,some were i think i still have the motor mount.Then i built a motor bike run it for couple years,and traded it for Model A ford.

Good menories...............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep passed it by 4 years, sure would be nice if one could go to the shed and dig one out take it for a ride again..............Curt