Northeast Moped Racing

GoldenMotor.com

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
Hello,
Just in case you guys didn't know, there's a racing league in upstate new york for vintage mopeds. Last year was the inaugural season and it was a blast. This year we're hoping even more people show up! The reason I'm posting here is because I know that out on the west coast they have race days with both traditional mopeds and motorized bicycles so perhaps you guys would be allowed to come race with us. If you guys are interested, you should check out the website and contact the guys putting it on to see if they'd have a problem letting you compete (the rules are pretty lax). On a side note, I'd love the opportunity to show you how slow all your bikes are ;)
-Justin
http://northeastmopedracing.com/
http://northeastmopedracing.com/

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I guess your surname begins with an "A"? I read "Justina" and thought "Good Lord! A FEMALE motorized bicycle enthusiast?!?".

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
Ha yea sorry I'm a dude. Though there are a few rad chicks who race at NEMA. Racing around on a little motorized machine you built is seriously one of the funnest things you can ever do. I really hope some of you can make it. Moped people usually look down on you motorized bike people, so it would be awesome if any of you elite guys could come hang, talk shop, and maybe even be competitive :) Keep in mind there are also different classes, you guys could probably rule the Junior class.

Last edited:

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
Theres a 90% chance they'd let you race, if anything you just wouldnt get points. How fast does your bike go?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I estimate I hit about 32MPH once when I rode off the end of a seawall in Bridgeport harbor, but that was verticle. Fully loaded, I cruise at about 23MPH.

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
Sounds like you'd have a lot of fun in the junior class. Racing is the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. It's just exhilarating. Whether you're going 30 or 60, it's just a blast to rip around a track.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
Luke top's out at 50mph? thats as funny as moped riders looking down on anyone. must be the french mopeder's flying their colors... the white flag!

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
I top out at around 50-60 mph on the straightaway at Cherry Valley (where the race is) and my bike is pretty fast. Most of the other riders top out at 30-40. It's a twisty track though so the straight away speed isn't really the most important.

justina

Mar 3, 2013
Boston
Haha I understand. I just saw a bunch of motorized bicycles racing in the west coast races and figured some of you might be interested. AND I've found the best way to get people interested in racing is talking **** ;)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I've sent a few mails to the association with no replys....doesn't seem they are interested in motorized bicycles