Gas tube leading to motor popped off

GoldenMotor.com

bigaznal

Sep 10, 2012
California
so when i arrived to the tennis park, i noticed gasoline leaking from my bike, then i looked at the tubing that lead to the motor, and it was off. now is this a big deal or not, i'm new to all this and don't know much... i popped it back on and it runs good as usual...

also lets say you were to lean ur bike on the side, is it normal for gasoline to leak out from the tubing or not?

thanks guys!!!

if you didn't notice any loss in power that it was probably not off the carburetor for long (BTW gas lone goes from gas tank to carburetor not engine but whatever) and it's unlikely anything got into there. although, if your bike is relatively new, than your fuel line shouldn't be falling off. i would recommend a slightly tighter fitting fuel line and some stainless steel hose clamps. other than that make sure to clean up gasoline, as it can sometime be corrosive, and always have a fuel filter in between the tank and the carburetor. best of luck.

Wally

Dec 25, 2011
South Africa
Some kits come with a silicon type fuel feed pipe which is not good. Go to a car/motor-bike spares dealer and get a short length of fuel pipe 5 mm (0.19686 inches) internal diameter and hose clamps or binding wire.

Depends on the lean angle. If more than 45 degrees then yes the fuel could run out of the carburetor I have not tried it myself.