Shifter Kit from www.sickbikeparts.com

GoldenMotor.com

Sianelle

Aug 2, 2008
Hauraki Plains, New Zealand
Congratulations on developing such an excellent transmission kit for the HT engine. Your whole approach to the design is beautifully simple and quite elegant. I loved watching the promotional video, - shame it was so short.;)

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well just wanted to let you two know that hopefully I'll have mine going in a few days. THe crank conversion should be here today so I can get it finished in a few days. Im installing it on a MoonDog since so many on here have them I thought it would be a perfect choice. Plus it will be a nice macth to my other dog just dang faster. I put 12ga spoked rims and a 7 speed on the rear so hopefully the extra will help on my tests. Thanks for the video by the way wish it was longer too. All I have been wanting to hear is the sound for a long time with the kit...and all I have to say is dang cool.
Was wondering do we get discounts on kit 2 or 3?? huh huh ....lol.
just kidding..been looking at my others and just not the same anymore.
Terry

Attachments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Good luck on the build. It should work on that frame OK, may be a little tight in there but should be doable. My only concern would be the front mount. It will have to be extended a bit. I am working on a front mount for cruiser frames and have been looking for a victim, or I mean subject to try it on. If you would like I could do a prototype front mount for you so we can see how it works. Once you get the motor on I would need some dimensions from you. Just PM me if you are interested.

bmoody

Jul 25, 2008
I had to weld together a new front mount for my cruiser frame. It spaces the engine from the frame about three inches.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Good luck on the build. It should work on that frame OK, may be a little tight in there but should be doable. My only concern would be the front mount. It will have to be extended a bit. I am working on a front mount for cruiser frames and have been looking for a victim, or I mean subject to try it on. If you would like I could do a prototype front mount for you so we can see how it works. Once you get the motor on I would need some dimensions from you. Just PM me if you are interested.
Yes there is plenty of room on this frame. I was just waiting on the 3pc crank conversion that I just got today...so off to the hot garage.
But yes count me in on anything that you want to victimize me with. I was going to make a front mount out of plate and use a clamp like you guys used with the kit. That way I can shim it if need be.
Terry
ps Im pm you too...just for a reminder

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Neat, I hear ya.. my gf is complaining of all the bike parts in the kitchen, in the living room, and all over the rest of the house. :)

Its all worth it for a shift kit though!

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
MY KIT IS ON THE WAY #036.(^) I DON`T KNOW HOW IT WILL WORK ON MY FRICTION DRIVES !! rotfl IT LOOKED SO GOOD I HAD TO ORDER ONE. I`M FROM NORTHEN WISCONSIN, NOW IN FLORIDA PANHANDLE. ANYHOW I HATE POACHERS, THE GUYS THAT GO OUT AT NITE WITH A LITE AND GUN AND SHOOT DEER!! IT`S JUST NOT RITE. BUT I DO LIKE TO GO OUT 1 NITE ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE SEASON AND GET ONE BEFORE THE POACHERS GET THEM ALL!! SOOOOOO I HAD TO GET A SHIFT KIT BEFORE THE BACK ORDER LIST STARTED. ITS LIKE HUNGRY WOLVES AFTER A RAW PIECE OF MEAT. OH YEAH, I DID WIN THE EBAY AUCTION WITH 7 ? CHINA KITS . THE OVERDRAFT CHARGES ARE GOING TO HURT, BUT WE NEED TO HAVE PARTS :bike2: THE GIRL FRIEND LEFT LAST NITE. SHE WAS MUMBLING SOMETHING ABOUT PARTS ON THE TABLE AND HER SIDE OF THE BED !:rolleyes: , . I LOST MY WIFE DUE TO ILLNESS, SHE GOT SICK OF ME ALSO. RON

I was watching that auction. Looks like you got a good deal. If you decide you want to sell one of those roundheads let me know. I have one now and really like them....

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
....sorry about your wifes illness......that was to dang funny...even my wife thought it was. OUCH...he was only kidding. geeeezzzz
Terry

Xcel

Jul 20, 2008
Review of shifter kit

I rode a few miles with the new kit, install isn't for the faint hearted but it is as promised. Most noticeably hill climbing is improved, less noticable is top speed but that obviously improves as well. The bike I installed it on is 7 speeds and I find a better top speed in 6th or even 5th because of wind resistance. Dont have a speedo on that bike yet but I will clock top speeds. Very noticeable is how quiet the bike is without the left side chain, gear and tension roller.

You can start in low gear without pedaling by releasing the clutch but now instead of push starting it is pedal started. I would say that is the only negative for this system, but a small negative, I had no problems starting it.

Gas mileage, engine wear, noise and other factors all improve because you can find your optimum cruising RPM and let it stay there rather than wind it out at top speeds. Parts are all high quality so it seems this is a reliable solution and will make the 2 strokes a much better option for those bikes that have these engines.

Plus shifting is just dang cool!

^5

Attachments

Hitekrdnk

May 23, 2008
Re: More video

Nelson's Market pit stop! Looks good Jim, back from AK and have some smoked salmon for you!

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
That looks too cool just shifting and keeping things comfortable. The bike starts off real easy and looks to be moving right along at speed.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
very nice shifting!!! I'm sold. Hey, didn't I see you pass a Dairy Queen...Would have been hilarious to go through the drive thru

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Nice Video!.....I have the kit and I can hardly wait to put it on my new bike....Then I went on eBay and found full suspension frame that I simply couldn't resist....Now I have to wait until that gets here before the install....Well at least I can watch the video and pretend it's me banging the gears!!! ;-)

Andrew

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! man i gotta get one . like tomorrow.
sucks being poor.LOL great work sick you are the man. hopfuly i can sell a bike or two then be able to buy one.

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
clotho
i bought one them Euro spindle adapters for my beach point .it didn,t work after you add the adapter. the bearinging races are to far away from the bearings .it makes the opening 1/8 wider.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Ok,

I used one of the euro adapters on my bike and it works fine. Maybe it's a good thing that SBP are offering the other type of adapter on their site since you had problems with the euro one. Good to know! Thanks!

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I just finished your shift kit yesterday and it was a little trickier to set-up than I thought. After the chains came off twice, I found they were touching each other and jumping off. After re-spacing the sprockets all works well! Great Improvement!
My shifter is a little clunky and I need to work it with my throttle hand, but it just makes me more cautious of shifting.
I took it out for a test ride today and it went very well. Lets the engine use the torque range better.
And I will install a chain guard.

Attachments