Tired of the Hospital:

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I see things were picking up while I was gone. Again. It seems I had a Staph infection set in at one of the wound sites, despite my best efforts at cleanliness. So I sat in Wishard hospital for a little over a week while various doctors decided what to do with me. And now that I've been sent home, I have to shoot myself up with IV antibiotics into this PICC line they put in my arm, and I have to carry a 5-pound, portable wound vac around everywhere so that the abscess will close and heal. *Sigh*

At least the food at Wishard has dramatically improved since the last visit. And I think I would never make a good IV druggie. This gets real old after a while.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Now don't try putting bourbon in that IV! Get well soon! I know what you mean about being tired of the hospital. Just hang in there. I spent 23 months in an army hospital so I know you will finish it okay.

Terry

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Now don't try putting bourbon in that IV! Get well soon! I know what you mean about being tired of the hospital. Just hang in there. I spent 23 months in an army hospital so I know you will finish it okay.

Terry
No bourbon, huh? Well, I've got this ten-year single malt scotch. But ya know, it's so good I'd rather put it past my gums instead. [And you all were wondering how I was doing. :) ] Yeah, I'll be walking and riding again sometime soon. But the waiting is the hard part. Defo.

akagoldminer

Oct 25, 2010
Sylacauga, Alabama
No bourbon, huh? Well, I've got this ten-year single malt scotch. But ya know, it's so good I'd rather put it past my gums instead. [And you all were wondering how I was doing. :) ] Yeah, I'll be walking and riding again sometime soon. But the waiting is the hard part. Defo.
I know howyou feel man i got a kidney stone i went in for last sunday and they were supposed to take it out during surgery on the 4th but now the doc wont be in untill the 18th for the surgey now gota tube out of my kidney into a bag on my leg untill then. :-||

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I know howyou feel man i got a kidney stone i went in for last sunday and they were supposed to take it out during surgery on the 4th but now the doc wont be in untill the 18th for the surgey now gota tube out of my kidney into a bag on my leg untill then. :-||
Oh jeeze. That bites. Don't sneeze, man.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Allen Wrench, sorry to hear about the wound getting infected. That's a raw deal but at least they are able to do something about it even if you have to carry half the hospital with you. Worst part is they won't let you drink with the antibiotics even if it is ten year old scotch.
A hospital with good food! I always thought that was an oxymoron.
Get well soon!

Steve.

akagoldminer

Oct 25, 2010
Sylacauga, Alabama
Oh jeeze. That bites. Don't sneeze, man.
yea tell me about it buton the bright side i found this forum and i got a step son in florida that beat a staph infection in his liver so it can be done still cant figure out howhe got it there though thought you mostly got staph infections from hospital surgeries which he had not had any. Main thing is he beat it docs had him on a pic line for 6 months though with vancomiason i guess i spelled it right. anyway good luck and get well soon.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Dang, that sucks Allen_Wrench, get well soon. At least you won't have to shovel any snow this winter, eh?

lol, don't sneeze miner, made me cringe. good luck to you too :O

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Dang, that sucks Allen_Wrench, get well soon. At least you won't have to shovel any snow this winter, eh?
Well, ordinarily I heal rather fast. And here in the midwest, it's been known to wait until February to snow. So shoveling snow isn't totally out of the cards yet. But I think at that point I'll be so happy to be walking without crutches that I may shovel the neighbors' walks too, maybe.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'll be so happy to be walking without crutches that I may shovel the neighbors' walks too, maybe.
You rock Allen. Don't even think about doing any of that but way cool your thinking about that.
Do just a wee bit more then they tell you to. Gonna be enough snow next yr. Heal up right Buddy-ro

.flg.