'59 Western Flyer, noob

GoldenMotor.com

sikboarder

Apr 30, 2010
wisconsin dells wisconsin
whats up guys, im new to this whole gasbike thing, but want to save money on gas, i live in town and dont really have need for a car unless its rainin. i searched the web looking at pics of peoples bikes, the numerous styles surprised me, so i settled with trying to find a vintage bike (i like the way they look,) so i was crusin around town and found this one, its a '59 26 in western flyer, the serial number on it is 0523051, and from what ive read online people play lots of money for em, it was in pretty nasty shape when i got it and i totally forgot to take a picture of it b4 starting work on it, herse some pics, still in the sanding process.

Attachments

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Welcome to the Forum. Great bike, super price. I had one just like it in the early 60's, upside-down steerhorn handlebars and all! And, the Wisconsin Dells is a totally awesom place to ride a bike/trike, especially motorized. Foliage, rock colors, clear water are beautiful, especially in the fall!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome. Nice score on the bike. It will make a real nice MB. I pass through the dells on my way home to northeastern Minnesota in a week or so. I always enjoy seeing the country there.
SB