what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode my bike to work today. It was cloudy where I left home. By the time I reached work, the roads were wet, but it had stopped raining already. Schwalbe Big Apple tires never slipped.

I had flushed out my chasinring freewheel, but couldn't find my SBP oil. Sooo, I tried to push grease thru the freewheel's cracks. Don't know for sure if I got much grease in there, but the freewheel wasn't protesting. xct2

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LMVBU6...e=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B009LMVBU6

Product Description
BIG REDTM - FPPS Multi-Purpose Red Grease BIG RED is a highly efficient lubricant in an easy to use spray can. This product sprays out as a thin, penetrating liquid and sets as a thick, red grease. The grease withstands temperatures to 500°F and resists "throw-off" from moving parts. Included in the formula are additives for antirust, antiwear, oxidation and for water and acid resistance.

An idea...........?

stuff works great for getting into tight gaps that need to be greased.

map

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Today I noticed a lot of dirt and oil on the rear of my motor mount where the governor holes had been left unplugged after the previous owner removed it. Thought to myself that this could be the reason that my oil needs replaced so often (every couple of weeks). So I rode to home depot and got two of the shortest M6x1.0 cap screws they had and used them to plug up the holes. We'll see in a couple weeks if there is any difference or not. Either way, should keep my motor mount from collecting so much oil and dirt.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

The rear rack holding my gas tank broke @ its mounts. :-||

The bridle being held by a 10-foot tow rope still held. After removing the broken parts, I roped the rack to the seat post and rode 6 miles home.

Will replace rack on Saturday.

Update:

Replaced the broken rack with exact same model.
Decided to camouflage my tank, so I slit the bottom of an old gymn bag, slipped it over the tank and voila!

Old man with gymn bag, riding a bicycle. dance1

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Been thinking what would happen if I fell off my bike and my finger(s) got caught between my exposed chainring sprocket and chain.

Amputation.:-||

So I "E-bought" a 9" X 12" aluminum plate, 1/8" thick for $12 shipped.

Should be a simple task to fab a chainguard.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

On my way home from work, my throttle sort of came apart at the carb (4 stroke minibike engine with external throttle linkage). What it is is the carb has a twist throttle slide, and the plastic part on top that I attach my throttle linkage to came off. The engine shut off, and once I figured out what happened, re-attached it and drove the rest of the way home. When I got home, decided to make sure it wont happen again. Drilled a small hole through the plastic and the metal part it attaches to, then pushed part of a paper clip through and bent the ends so it doesn't slide out. Voila! throttle linkage permanently attached. Was a little worried about this happening anyway, and since it did it gave me an excuse to do a preventative repair. Now it won't happen again.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

looked longingly at my bike since I'm not allowed to ride for a while. *sighs*

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

On my way home from work, my throttle sort of came apart at the carb (4 stroke minibike engine with external throttle linkage). What it is is the carb has a twist throttle slide, and the plastic part on top that I attach my throttle linkage to came off. The engine shut off, and once I figured out what happened, re-attached it and drove the rest of the way home. When I got home, decided to make sure it wont happen again. Drilled a small hole through the plastic and the metal part it attaches to, then pushed part of a paper clip through and bent the ends so it doesn't slide out. Voila! throttle linkage permanently attached. Was a little worried about this happening anyway, and since it did it gave me an excuse to do a preventative repair. Now it won't happen again.
So you wire-wrapped that sucker, yes?

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Rode another 26 miles on the break in . Designed a way to put two water bottle cages on the rear down tubes of the frame of the way so I still have 2 liters of cold liquid with me at all times . After all it's summer and it's always in the in 80s or 90s.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Dang someone bought all the Red Grease off of Amazon...... dont know if it has anything to do with the link I listed here but they say they are sold out now.....LOL!

I thought I would go ahead and get me some more spray grease, guess not that brand.....!

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Bummer, well today finished the break-in period. The last 25miles and now it time to go back the AMSOIL& Premium fuel , plus 1 ounce AMSOIL Octane Boost equals 98 Octane . High Performance run tommoow weather prevailing . YEA!!!!!!

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Rode another 26 miles on the break in . Designed a way to put two water bottle cages on the rear down tubes of the frame of the way so I still have 2 liters of cold liquid with me at all times . After all it's summer and it's always in the in 80s or 90s.
Strap one to the muffler, make some coffee!
Maybe even tape on some bacon while your at it.

---------------------

Keeping on topic - I broke my motor in even more, went and got me some allen head cap screws to replace the stock clutch cover screws and bought me some vinyl gas line to replace in a month because they will be too hard because I could not find any 'official' gas line. Good for now, I guess. I think one of them is poly, not vinyl. Could have got black gas line, but I like to see my gas.

Then I went to Rotten Ronnie's and got me some nutrition.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

After a couple of weeks of not having the time or the energy to do anything I finally pulled out a tank to replace the leaking one on the cruiser. I sanded and prepped it, and it's got it's second coat of the base colour on now. I'll probably hit it again around Wednesday with one more coat of base, and should be able to mask off and do the second colour next weekend.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

I looked at mine as I pulled into the garage........she seemed lonely for some reason...............

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Toad, I have my coffee before I leave the house in the morning and my sausage is bigger than my muffler so that won't work . And run a SBP chamber I don't run a cheesy stock pipe. I gota get a better class of low-class friends .

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Unbolted the engine to remove the rubber on the frame...WITHOUT DISCONNECTING ANYTHING ELSE.

Yes, I am just that bossly. Seems to have helped vibration.

Also rode it past some cute girls that were walking their bikes up hill, I was doing only 20 at the time as I can't run WOT. Carb works fine unless you hit too many bumps or run it at WOT at high speeds, then it pops off. :D

*edit*

Oh yeah, and I facking burned my leg on the engine. >: (

Last edited: