My OCC chopper trike

GoldenMotor.com

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
first day out with my new trike build. all went well on maiden voyage. only issue was trying to pedal start the beast. the wide porkster tank makes you bowlegged while trying to pedal, I just put a pullstart on it, much better. the trike has functional headlight, tail light, signals, horn, and brake light. has a cycle battery in the rear trunk that's recharged by a mini gen. engine has high compression head with an E3 sparkplug. a little slow on take off due to the 32 tooth sprocket, but nice top speed.

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
very Nice Build !!
yeah, it does remind me of the old Servicars too... Man if you take that to a bike rally somewhere it would get tons of attention and could possibly win in some amature shows.

This is one of the coolest builds I've seen so far, Very Well Done!!

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
last year I built an occ stingray with an 80cc chinagirl. not near as nice as these builds, it took two first place and a second place tropheys at local car/bike shows.i couldn't believe it! there where lots of nice Harleys, choppers, and cycles with lots of chrome and cool graphics. the little chinagirl got all kinds of attention. this year we plan on entering the new builds in the shows. thinking we might just take a bunch of tropheys this year.

DaveM50

Jun 15, 2014
Minnesota
Very cool indeed. I may have missed something but: what did you use as a frame? That's one of the most elaborate builds I've ever seen. And very shiny! I agree with the poster who suggested taking it to shows.

JohnB53

May 26, 2014
Jamestown North Dakota
All I can say is WOW!!!!! What a nice build .Thanks for posting the pics. I was so inspired I got on line and located a bike to start my own build. I couldn't talk you into posting a few more pics of how you did the frame, what you used for a engine rear fenders or any other info you would share. I am new to this sport but have built many cars, trucks, bikes and one VW Trike.So I am no stranger to the cut , weld, grind and paint required in a project like this. Once again nice build Thanks JohnB

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
I did not take any pics during the build,only after I was done. engine is 80cc chinagirl with a high compression head, e3 sparkplug, and a dax carb. rear trailer fenders from amazon, motorcycle trunk. 13 inch wide trike seat. bicycle trike axle kit. machined a longer axle to accomadate two occ rear tires/rims. Harley porkster gas tank. ape hanger handle bars. small cycyle windshield. it has its own chaging system with a cycle battery in the trunk. fully functional signals headlight, tail and brake light, and horn. used a 32 tooth rear sprocket to clear the rear axle frame work. slower takeoff then I would like, but I have had her up 48mph per my GPS probably has a little more but did not get on it hard for too long as engine not fully broke in yet.. turned out gorgeous. definite head turner. have a cycle radio I will be installing soon also. if you need any closeup pics of any certain parts/areas of the bike let me know and I can take some.

JohnB53

May 26, 2014
Jamestown North Dakota
Thanks for the info on your build. I understand the part about not taking pics durring the build. I forget to do that a lot.I would be very interested in pics of the trike rear end and how you mounted it to the bike. I am new to this and I am sure it is just a matter of jumping in and just doing it but an idea first would go a long way.It was like when I built my VW trike. I had an Idea and asked a lot of questions of others and got a lot of great help along the way. Thanks JohnB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Man this is Kooool
Yep like to see some pictures of the rear end as well, I am thinking about a go kart rear differential but have some out of old lawn tractors that are the same only with 3/4"axels. Love this trike........Curt