Exhaust heat wrap tape???????

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
There is a big selection and good prices on eBay. If you have not done it before it's a bit of a tedious process but some builds where the exhaust comes close to your leg or body it can be a must.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just guessing here that for bikes that do a lot of short trips, the wrap may help keep the muffler from clogging

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
advanced auto and auto zone carry a brand called tiger patch. cheap and easy to use. i can hold my hand on my sbp pipe. it's warm, but not enough to burn. i think it was around $2-3 a roll, i used just under 3 rolls total.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
All it's good for is keeping your leg or shoe from getting burnt. Also good for covering ugly welds if you build your own pipe.

One trick tip: to keep the ends from unraveling (which it will,) run a thick line of krazy glue across the wrap, then cut it with scissors.

Derwood21

Jul 8, 2016
Rocklin, Ca
If you decide to use the wrap, make sure you do not get the fiberglass heat wrap. Trust me you will regret it, I learned the hard way haha. You'll be itching like ****. I ended up getting some Titanium Exhaust Wrap off amazon and it works awesome.