Huffy Cranbrook front brakes???

GoldenMotor.com

Ggradtech

Jun 3, 2015
Arizona
So my Cranbrook has a front brake installed that was removed from an older Huffy Beach Cruiser. It's not very good, and I want to upgrade the front brakes to something that grabs better. Any ideas about brands or a good setup that I can use? The front fender was removed, so I used the mounting holes from that to mount the caliper. I just want something way better than this cheap current front brake. Thanks!

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Better pads and proper adjustment, a lever with better pull, those are about the best things you can do to upgrade a rim brake, but cheap pads don't last long. Kool stop or danscomp pads are the best.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You might try to find a mountain bike fork with v-brakes. You can probably buy an entire mountain bike pretty cheap at a yard sale.
They make a U-shaped adapter that will mount a post-type v-brake to you Cranny fork.
A drum brake wheel from Husky or EBay will likely cost 150 bucks or more.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've just got a 'cheapie' caliper on my front fork --- and they stop like a beast. Maybe your pads aren't adjusted correctly ---- they should look like this.... \|/.... with the narrow part at the front. Hopefully your pads have the cupped washers that will allow this adjustment.

May want to upgrade your pads, also. Kool Stop Salmons work well, also Sinz and Bontrager pads have done well with my bike. Good luck!

Last edited: