Gt2a question

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Hey guys

Say I am liking at finally getting one of these games and am looking for some help. I currently have a whalboro carb on the motor and am hoping it will fit inside the frame. I am thinking I have all the parts needed to get running, but need to make sure the motor will fit.

Thanks in advance guys, and gals.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
The GT2A frame is pretty large. I had a CG engine mounted in a Schwinn frontier mountain bike before and had to make a custom intake manifold for it the clear then seat tube, but the stock manifold fits the gt2a frame with enough room for the coil to fit behind the carb. Lots of room to play with there.

Bolting the parts on and riding is a far understatement. The head tube is 1-1/8", and all the bikes I had used 1" steer tubes. So I had some modifications to do. About the only thing that was a straight bolt in from any of my bikes was the pedal crank. The rear axle width is 135mm, and the cruiser wheels I had were too narrow for it. The seat tube requires a 31.8mm clamp and a larger seat post than any of my donor bikes. I had to fabricate a shim to allow my seat to fit. See my build thread in the "chop shop" for details.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=58699

-Terrence

Last edited:

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Thanks Terrence.......

Just received the frame, and was able to bolt on my parts. I had a donor bike that had 27" tires, as well as a threaded front fork. Everything went together great, now just need time to install motor and get riding.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well she is finally finished! She rides like a dream, and is a rip snorter as well. With the help from the guys here I opened up the ports and cleaned things up. Write what a difference it makes with just a few small adjustments.

Well get some pictures here tomorrow.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Woogie_ man,
I just built a skyhawk gt2a frame bike a few months ago it rides awesome! Just need to figure out what colour to paint it.
I would love to see some pictures of what you have built. Please post some?

Attachments

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Vary nice build! You read my mind I was thinking an army green paint skeem too! I like the shade phantom bikes uses!
You gotta love the skyhawk gt2a frame works absolutely perfect for happy time chinagirl fun!!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Uhh... Well, since we defeated the natzis, I suppose we could commandeer their camo patterns.
But likely we'd refer to that particular shade as 'dove grey' or some such.
There's always the US Urban Camo pattern as well.
And don't forget the new digital camos, which happen to be based off of an experimental natzi pattern.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Or black & white like a police car! Hopefully the cops would leave us alone then! Lol
I haven't had a problem but yet but that would probably help out.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Oh, and check out the build thread i linked in page 1 for how i painted it. I took the bike back down to bare frame and cleaned it with brake cleaner and scotchbrite. All that gold color comes right off. I primed it with rattle can primer (duplicolor automotive) and let it dry for a full day. I then hit it with Krylon colorMAXX italian olive/satin. I used satin because oil will stain flat colors, and there's a 2 smoker sitting in the frame. The decals are some that I made on my wife's silhouette paper cutting machine. It's a freakin CNC paper cutter.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND

Here she is guys. She runs great and is a blast to ride. Was hit about a week ago and messed up my rear tire. Other than that all good.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
It's in the motorized bycycle pictures section. Under : post your skyhawk frame builds!
Nice build!!! I haven't seen that colour used yet! Super green. you shouldn't get hit with that colour! Haha