SRAM I-Motion 3 speed

GoldenMotor.com

Woodstockslim

Apr 12, 2015
Ohio
.spr..spr.I have had nothing but trouble with this hub so far. Has anyone else had any issues with running this hub on their bike with a shift kit?

So far.....Snapped the axle the first time.

Had the guts replaced.

Now first gear does not work.

After that I used 2nd and 3rd to get by. (10mi) range.

The sprocket snapped. I will post pictures shortley. I think I need five posts before I can do so.

Woodstockslim

Apr 12, 2015
Ohio
I will look into that. I actually have an older sturmey archer hub on an older Schwinn breeze. It has the chain links that pull out and change the internal gears. I could swap rear wheels just to see if it is any better.

I just currently have money wrapped up in this I-motion 3. I have ordered a solid 19T sprocket for the rear in hopes that it will not pull apart like the other hollowed out sprocket.

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
when the shifter is installed in the rear wheel, the shift changed the inches per engine revolution beyond what the hub could handle.

As a jackshaft, the shift only changes the inches per revolution a small amount, but enough to get you to the 40's with a stock 49cc two stroke.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
.spr..spr.I have had nothing but trouble with this hub so far. Has anyone else had any issues with running this hub on their bike with a shift kit?

So far.....Snapped the axle the first time.

Had the guts replaced.

Now first gear does not work.

After that I used 2nd and 3rd to get by. (10mi) range.

The sprocket snapped. I will post pictures shortley. I think I need five posts before I can do so.
It sounds like a different shifter is in order.
SB

Woodstockslim

Apr 12, 2015
Ohio
I just got the hub rebuilt again. I will give it on more shot. If not I might get the sturmey archer hub and see how it does.