Briggs 6.5 ohv?????????

GoldenMotor.com

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana

Scored this about a hour ago, $8 at local scrap yard. Got a deal lines out. He's gonna text when he gets bikes or engines I can use. Goin back tomorrow to dig around some more.

Got engine home did a lil diagnosing on it. It's missing carb and exhaust. Pulls good, has real nice compression "finger over hole test" and HOT spark. "My pinky and ring finger is still tingling!" I changed oil before tinkering with it. Looks promising for the price! 3/4" straight shaft.

Now are these motors build-able like a predator or Honda? Anyone on here use the briggs ohv on there builds?

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana
That's what I'm hoping. I guess Briggs animal parts my only option? Hope someone with a lil knowledge about em will chime in!!

Found lil crack in case side cover. But I got a buddy that'll tig it up for some beer!

Just to left of oil fill plug.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's been said on other threads, you need something really strong to carry it and deal with the stresses. A trike has been suggested by somebody.

I'll try to remember/find the thread.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I raced one of those heavily modded on an unlimited Kart. Believe it or not it made the most power with the heads flow reversed. The head was modded so the exhaust became the intake and vice versa. Took a bunch of machine work. This was on alcohol of course. It will make a fine engine stock or modded. And all the Animal stuff of course fits.