Started putting my newest build together today....

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I started piecing my newest build together today, I picked this bike up a couple weeks ago for $40, its a Schwinn Frame and that is about all I'm using of the bike I bought, the frame and the chain guard and all the rest are other parts and pieces either bought new or a couple from other bikes I have parted out.

Anyway, here are a few pics of what I did today, I painted the frame with an equipment yellow made by Rustoleum and then put several coats of Valspar Gloss enamel over it, the forks are off a Kulana Moon Dog bike, the headset is off a Mongoose BMX bike and the bars are actually motorcycle bars I had actually ordered for my old Yamaha XJ650 Maxim, but they look so good on this bike I have dcided to just leave them on it now, the wheels are Wheel master with 12 ga spokes and the rear coaster hub is the Shimano E110, the tire are Kenda K927 Cruiser tires 26x2.125 and I used Kenda thorn resistant heavy duty tubes in them.

enough jabbering... here is the bike.

Last pic is the bike the day I bought it a while back.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Holy shnikies!!! For some reason, that set-up resonates with me.......I likey!! The description that you gave in an earlier post didn't seem to work for me, but the visual is great! Wouldn't change a thing.........except for the garage it's in!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Good luck on your build and enjoy it.
Thwnk you for the good wishes ckangaroo70, they're all really enjoyable to me, this one is gonna be the most colorful so far I think, just wanted to do something different with this bike, I still have to build my engine, rear mount fuel tank and layed back seat post but hopefully it wont take me to long to get it all done.

Thanks again
Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Holy shnikies!!! For some reason, that set-up resonates with me.......I likey!! The description that you gave in an earlier post didn't seem to work for me, but the visual is great! Wouldn't change a thing.........except for the garage it's in!!
Lol..... glad you like it.

What is it you'd change about the workshop its in?

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The workshop would be in Okieland. I know this great workshop curator.........
Hey it could happen brother....one our Texas tornados may take the biggest part of it and sling it on up your way for one of those great Okie tornados the catch and drop it right there in your back yard......!

I thought maybe you noticed the door from Home Depot or those weathered studs from Home Depot and think I should have got the siding and roof on before the wood looked 100 years old.....CHKL CHKL.....!

some here dont like me ending a sentence with LOL... so I made up another simular way to end it... CHKL.... (AKA: CHUCKLE )

map
.wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've got to get a new monitor. This one has color problems. It makes the tires on your new build look 'pink' and the frame 'yellow'. I immediately thought, "that can't be right". Tried adjusting the color but it just got worse. :)

Seriously, my first thought was, "well, that's different".

Keep us informed, Shan. What power plant will we see?

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got to get a new monitor. This one has color problems. It makes the tires on your new build look 'pink' and the frame 'yellow'. I immediately thought, "that can't be right". Tried adjusting the color but it just got worse. :)

Tom

Already have a name in mind --- "Taffy".

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Tom
Yeah the pics made the tires look pink.... it was the way the sunlight was busting through that doorway.

Honestly anyone who knows me personally know full well how I feel about men being seen in pink......... I'll leave this one alone from this point on but if you saw all the boys in a maternity ward clothed in pink and the girls in blue what would 99.9% of people say... my point exactly..... pink is a pretty color for GIRLS......!

No the tirez are very much Red just the light making them have that pink look, the pics dont do how the bikes actually looks justice at all, I almost didnt post them for that reason.

I wanted bright and different for this bike so thats what I've done so far, no major difference but different from my other bikes in color scheme and a coue other things I'll do fur it.

It will get an HT china girl Tom, it will get a reversed jug like bairdco does his engines so I can use the exhaust I have in mind for it and. It will have a rear mount fuel tank, still contemplating what Im gonna do in that area, I have several ideas but haven't settled on one solid yet.

Eventually Id like to have a drum brake wheel on front with a set of suspension forks I hope to have time to build some day when I get my shop lined out.

Ill see if I can get a couple more pics posted that gets the colors right, maybe under a shade tree in the green grass will work better.... shrug..? Ill try and see what I get tomorrow.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Already have a name in mind --- "Taffy".
How about ole "Red Footed Bumble Bee Bike"

Dont care to give my bikes girl names.....lol....!

I do have an old Stevens long barreled 12ga single shot shotgun I call Mawdean..... she's like a lot of women I've know in my life, loud and painful.....lol!

Map
.wee.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Man I was just about to tell you that it takes a real man to run pink tires! I'm glad I read on and saw that they are red.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Man I was just about to tell you that it takes a real man to run pink tires! I'm glad I read on and saw that they are red.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. You have to be real comfortable in your manliness to run pink wheels. Now I am almost disappointed to hear they are actually red. Was looking forward to seeing some video or hearing some stories of the guy running through his neighborhood on the pink wheeled bike just daring someone to make a wise crack so he could pull over and beat knots on there head! LOL

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
What's all the hate'n on the pink??!! I look damn fine in a crisp pink shirt.......I'm man enough to wear it! CHKL

Really, I've got about 6 pink shirts in the closet. Don't worry, I'm wearing my flak jacket now.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
What's all the hate'n on the pink??!! I look damn fine in a crisp pink shirt.......I'm man enough to wear it! CHKL

Really, I've got about 6 pink shirts in the closet. Don't worry, I'm wearing my flak jacket now.
I dont ever hate on no one for wearing pink if thats what they choose to do, not soemthing I will ever do since I do think it's the one color that says woman, thats just my opinion and by no means would I be critical of some fella who wears it if thats what he wants to do.

In my opinion most real men wouldn't wear pink drawers, pink socks, pink pants, pink shoes, a pink hat, or drive a pink car, so I wonder who came up with the idea that a man looks any better in a pink shirt......?

LOL......! I'll let this one go now..... just personal opinion and the way I see it, but I have nothing against someone feeling like wearing it makes them look like a sharp dressed man if thats how they express whatever it is they wear it for.

Im just an old fashion country fella so give me camo and blue jeans or other earth tone colors for my clothing, no pinks or pastels.....lol!
Now point here is the tires are RED.......lol.....!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. You have to be real comfortable in your manliness to run pink wheels. Now I am almost disappointed to hear they are actually red. Was looking forward to seeing some video or hearing some stories of the guy running through his neighborhood on the pink wheeled bike just daring someone to make a wise crack so he could pull over and beat knots on there head! LOL
Lol...... chkl chkl........!

Sorry to disappoint ya buddy........ yep they are just plain ole boring Red......

I wouldn't put knots on someones head for laughing at my bike, even if it did have pink tires because if it did that what I'd be shooting for..... lots of laugh and people making fun of it, whats funny is that Kenda actually makes these tire in pink....!

Maybe I should build a bike for a girl and paint it Purple and put some of those pink tites on it.....!

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey Map the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. once drove a pink #3 car and no one said a thing! They were afraid to.
Oh yeah.... I know some people like to toy around with the whole pink thing, I dont mind it really as long as Im not the one having to wear it or own anything personal that is that particular color, im personally so secure in the man that I am that I wont wear what I believe to be something that is specifically for women and little girls, so many other colors to wear beside the ladies stuff in my opinion, but that is just how I feel about it, just like I said about if a hospital staff dressed all the little boys in pink while they're in the maternity ward, most all people men and women wohld say why did they put those boys in the girl color....

I think some, NOT all men wear pink to seem more in touch with women so maybe women see them as softer and less of a threat, and that is why some women like for there husbands or boy friends to wear pink, it makes the fella look more like he is relating to the women and brings the man down to there level just a tad, me being a rough and tumble type country boy, those things don't suite me well, but for some it does and I dont have a problem with it, I dont really understand it but I actually have other thoughts on the subject that I wont speak of here since it teally doesn't matter that we live in a society now days where many women want to be the man and men have been demonized for being men because we have been told that manliness and aggression is a bad thing and must be suppressed, its just not politically correct to be a mans man anymore, men used to be workers, warriors and leaders, not hoise wives, nannies and pretty boy soft as a woman types.

And this my friend concludes my reason for not wearing pink clothes and having pink tires on my bikes...........lol..... chkl chkl.....!

Please no one flame on me here..... I have no problems wih what people wear.......the can of worms got opened so I have described what I have in my can, not hating on anyone....

Peace and Love to all..... seriously!

Map

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
All I said was I needed a new monitor.......................:)

Tom

It's the way of the world now, Tom. It's how wars begin. One little statement (as seen to be truth by the first person) gets so twisted/spun/stirred that the original statement is no longer relevant to the direction the conundrum is headed.

For the record --- I'm comfortable to wear pink shirts. I'm also OK that others aren't comfortable wearing pink. Que sara, sara.

BTW, I knew that the tires were red from a few other posts that Shan made. (Yellow and pink would've been quite a strange combo ---even for me!!)