Just got this from Craigslist

GoldenMotor.com

duppyconqueror

Mar 26, 2013
The South
just picked up this puppy for 60 bucks. Schwinn Del Mar. It has a broken rear hub but other than that its like brand new. Can anyone tell me about replacing the hub?

duppyconqueror

Mar 26, 2013
The South
well it might not be broken it might just need to be tightened or something. It is really loose and the wheel is shifted over so that it is rubbing against the frame. I think it might have happened when the guy took the rear nuts off to remove some pegs he had on there.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I have the same bike. Great frame. I've stripped mine completely down, painted it, and am in the process of building a new motorized bicycle.

duppyconqueror

Mar 26, 2013
The South
OH that's a bottle opener! awesome... I took the bike to the shop around the corner and they tightened up the back wheel for me now it rides perfectly. I'm going to take off the fenders, gaurd, stickers, and maybe flip the bars I'll post a pic. Man those stickers are a ***** to get off...

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Look on the sides of this page for Monark. Or just about any lowrider bicycle site. Look for Springer forks. Its got a 1" headtube.

duppyconqueror

Mar 26, 2013
The South
just a little update. I took the fenders and stuff off and have been riding her around. I need to clean up the white walls. I'm planning on painting the rims red and flipping the handlebars this week. saving up for a 49cc motor kit.

here's how she looks now:

roadrockett

Feb 2, 2013
gilroy california
I have the same bike that I put a 4 stroke motor on and have the same problems with the back hub and brakes .binding and jamming locking up.
I am just going to disable it and add a v brake to the front

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I put a disc brake on the front,none on the rear. Called it 'schwinn suicide' and it ran great.
200 awesome miles!

At least until I got impatient one day.
Half mile of roughness followed by a 20 foot skid,due to the motor chain wrapping completely around the rear sprocket.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If that was for me roadrocket then the answer is no. I changed the everything out except the frame and seat. But you could easily take those shims out of the coaster hub. Used to do it all the time when I was a kid. It wheel freewheel but it makes an interesting sound with the spring left in there.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
What's funny is I put all the original parts back on it and sold it for $60. So I still have almost all those motorized parts laying around.......

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Greased washers? Umm sure I guess. I always just took it out. Maybe try to put some sealed bearings in there? Never really thought about it before.