Briggs & Stratton 550 series motor

GoldenMotor.com

jliveit

Sep 10, 2012
California
Has anyone tried using one of the Briggs and Stratton 550 series horizontal engine. They are 127cc, come in either 5/8 diameter or 3/4 diameter shaft and they are rated at 5.5 ft./lbs of torque. Would this engine work with the AGK jackshaft kit they sell for the predators? I was just curious if anyone tried one of these motors because they seem a lot more readily available to obtain than those HF 99CC predators that don't exist in california.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
99cc predator motors aren't made anymore it was replaced with the 79cc predator that makes the same power with a smaller bore/stroke

looking at pictures it should bolt on but i would look into the size of the bolt pattern also if it has a tapered shaft or not then you need to find a clutch for it

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
99cc predator motors aren't made anymore it was replaced with the 79cc predator that makes the same power with a smaller bore/stroke
I think for California it is still the same issue as the 99cc for the 79cc Predator engine, not sold unless hooked to a water pump.