The Huffy build

GoldenMotor.com

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I had a mini smooth. My yard was badger free for well over a decade. Now, not so much. The badgers look a lot like chipmunks around here though....

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I like seeing a DIY bike like this going together. I was searching this thread to see what the jackshaft, pulleys, and belt that you’re using.

I saw the post on What did you do to your motor bike today....

Math looks right for theoretical 40 and guesstamating speed you should get like 30 possibly. I had a direct belt drive 24 inch with 4 stroke 2hp Briggs and I was side by side with a car way back when. I know there the speed limit was 35 and this person was probably going about 25.

The thing I know now is don't expect they can see you as they make a right turn in front of you 1 car length away.

I slowed and had my left side of my body on the side of the car and made the same turn radius. We both slowed to a stop and I fell over to the right and got my right leg out of the way in time, not hurt at all really.

My current works is for an art parade vehicle and can change over to OHV dirt bike so I am out of that riding the streets with regular traffic. Anyway be careful.

The pulleys I tried that are smaller than that 2.3 inch something like 1.8 inch seem to not have quite enough surface for less slippage. I’ll am using section belt which I’m not really sure matters all that much as the belt grabs on the edge I understand.

I’ll be looking to see how your motor bike is coming together!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Pretty" ain't near as important as "works" Gives her that Home Made look.

Good job!

(I should say, looks a heck of a lot better then my welds)

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
"Pretty" ain't near as important as "works" Gives her that Home Made look.

Good job!

(I should say, looks a heck of a lot better then my welds)
You're right Dan, and Home made means he didn't just buy something and slap it on his bike. Talking about welds, I'm using a made in china 110 arc welder, so anything gotta be better than my welds.
fatdaddy.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Most of what I have made here for the Huffy is now going to be used on the 58' Schwinn Wasp that was my dad's. So follow the link below in my signature for my MB build.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Whatever happened to this build,,is it finished,,was looking sweet!!

Tom:)
It was dropped. He switched frames.
Do a search on cranbrooks for lots of cool stuff members have done.
(I assume you are looking for builds like yours)