Genesis Astra 29er Phoenix AZ

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi there I wanted to show off my latest build that I did for a guy here in AZ..

It took me a hot week and a ton of hours however I think its worth a happy customer and a delightful dance of bicycle and engine..

Comments welcome..

Thanks

Dan
The Astra is a very cool cruiser but you drilled the front motor mount
through an aluminum frame. Hope it doesn't crack on your customer.

Where did you buy that kit from? Is that a Jet motor?

dmanshep

Jun 10, 2012
AZ
Got the kit from a guy on the bay.. Not sure the make.. The down tube is huge so after pineing on the idea this was my decision.. I also like you hope there arent any issues for my guy either.. Did you like the build or did the front mount hose it for ya?

Thanks

Dan

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
A dual pull brake lever with only one side used.... that is not going to work all that well.
see link http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmanshep/7523763958/in/photostream/
Drilling a aluminum frame for a motor mount is not the best idea when its easy to get a mount that works right so no drilling is needed. The extra long cables in BIG loops make it easy for them to get snagged on stuff. If the frame does crack you will do it right for FREE the second time right?

Last edited:

dmanshep

Jun 10, 2012
AZ
Thanks @Ilikeabikea

to the others.. Sorry for drilling the frame.. I apologize to you and anyone in the world else I offended by doing that.. As for the "BIG" loops.. they aren't big and as a matter of fact I shortened them a ton from original.. Also as you can see they are wrapped in tech flex and are quite tidy.. Guess my idea of a nice build is not equivalent to those that have been building Genesis Astra's like crazy on this forum.. oh wait I have only seen one.. Anyway Will is very excited and I think this will be a great bike for him.. The hole is dead center of the down tube and I think it will be solid..

Anyway i'm going to go on to my next build i'm working on a Nirve that is looking awesome.. and with these #41 chains they run sooo smooth.. And btw the Nirve is my bike not a "customer" maybe thats where I got off wrong on here was saying I would make a little money on a build by trying to take my time and not slap a kit rather build it slow and neat..

Sorry for the rant in reply however I didn't expect this post to turn this way.. if I could go back and delete this and start over when I had a nice felt to show I would..

Dan-

Last edited by a moderator:

dmanshep

Jun 10, 2012
AZ
Hey thanks man.. Yeah live and learn.. and yeah that is a better mount I agree.. Actually on my Nirve I may also pony up for the manic mounts.. doing these builds makes me wish I had a CNC machine lol..

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
i know im a little late on this thread but wow man awesome build. these genesis frames are built pretty solid so i dont think he'll have a problem at all with the frame drilled. and if there is, hopefully he got walmarts warranty because because it covers absolutely everything. the components on the bike will start wear and he can just exchange it when that happens before the mount ever gives him a problem. i also have a genesis and i love it. i'm getting a check from walmart soon to for a replace my bike because my peddle broke. its funny because there sending me a check to get a whole new bike not just a peddle lol. those genesis astra's sure do look beautiful with a motor dont they? heres mine with some occ chopper forks - http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/jonathan_crippen1/IMG_20130121_152147_zps1d34431d.jpg

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Na,,
Ive talked to guys that have been drilling there frames for years on mountain bikes that are trail ridden hard and never had a cracked frame...IMO I like the Z-bend bracket better,,also keeping a frame virgin is just part of my disease.