Anyone have a simplex?

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Hi all, my friend shawn has a very rough simplex servi cycle out in his cow yard, and his uncle that owns it will be up from the twin cities this week, so I was wondering if anybody knew how to accurately date these little bikes? Where's the serial number hidden at? And how do I get the leaves out of the gas tank? Might get this thing for cheap, but it's missing the wheels. Could I just run 22 inch moped wheels on it? Would they fit?

Thanks in advance, I'll get pics today, and put them in my photobucket then put the link up!

Charlieusflg

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Are you gonna try and restore that one Charlie? Be a really cool project especially if it is a real one.

I have a buddy who is a mechanic/scraper. He works hard but does really well $ wise. Any way when he finds an engine and can be turned by hand, it's a keeper. If not, is scrap according to him

I really wanna do some sort of front wheel drive like the Simplex.

hmmm, 99cc pred with a gokart front wheel.....

Best of luck and post lots of pics!

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Shure will! And the motor for the simplex is lost among one of shawn's 15 uncles, along with the wheels. I just got a neat little vintage reo four stroke, so it will probably worm it's way in there. And until I get the henderson completed, I might borrow it's wheels to use.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
And does anyone know how to get the leaves out of the tank? The gas cap is missing and somehow alot of oak leaves got into it :(
Just stick a garden hose in there and let it run a while. If it's rusty in there, throw in some pea gravel and a little water and roll and shake it around a good while. Flush well and set it in the sun or a warm place to dry it out.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Okay, thanks! I guess I have two tanks to re do, my 74 indian me-125 and the simplex tank. I've got a thing of red kote tank liner, so I will be able to save the tank (hopefully)