Hog Boys Boardtrack Racer

GoldenMotor.com

stocksucks

May 23, 2012
Portugal
Hey there guys.

Sorry for the late answer. I'm not too keen on computers so sometimes I keep way for while.

The switch was very easy to build.
I'm not experienced on motorcycle electricity, but I guess that usually the absence of a regular switch keeps your spark-plug able to always deliver spark, whereas when the switch is mounted and turned OFF, it introduces the "ground" (frame) factor and no spark is delivered to the combustion chamber.

So... having this in mind, what I did was to create a point (handlebar) where a wire contacts the frame, obviously inspired on vintage killswitches I cannot afford, nor see the need to buy (DIY rules!)

Components:
old brass tightener
rubber block cut to fit
piece of rubber to isolate
metal saw blade piece cut and bent to desired shape
a bolt screws to a rubber piece making the thumb button

Unfortunatelly I do not have progress pics. attached are some closeups I just made.

Please share.

@ Dare Devil: Thanks a lot for helping with all those suggestions on the transmission. I still did not made them happen, but will soon. Keep it up.

[/url][/IMG]

stocksucks

May 23, 2012
Portugal
Hey there Dare.
I've been lazy on the btr, dont know why..
the truth is that some other things have been keeping my hands busy: my 1968 opel rekord's clutch broke, then the steering bar's ends (dont know the name in english) also broke, then I had to found replacement tires for the car to pass a mandatory inspection we have around here and so forth.. Also I've got a 15 month old baby girl, and you know how that song goes...
I want to finish the bike off, since I've already got plans for a rusty paint job..
I'll keep in touch!
Thanks a lot again.