1junk snoblower+1bicycle=32mph and 202mpg

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
This one has a 2hp 2stroke out of a toro snoblower. It goes 32 mph and gets 50.5 miles to a tank which comes out to 202mpg. We have put more than 1300 miles on this one last summer alone. It is a direct drive with no clutch and a preset throttle. Starting is a breeze turn key and fuel on push primer twice then pedal starts up in less then 10 feet. I left the pull start on, for when i have to work on it.The only thing I have had to do to it is put in gas cvlt1

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
This one has a 2hp 2stroke out of a toro snoblower. It goes 32 mph and gets 50.5 miles to a tank which comes out to 202mpg. We have put more than 1300 miles on this one last summer alone. It is a direct drive with no clutch and a preset throttle. Starting is a breeze turn key and fuel on push primer twice then pedal starts up in less then 10 feet. I left the pull start on, for when i have to work on it.The only thing I have had to do to it is put in gas cvlt1
That's awesome mpg!

Does your engine lift off the tire when you stop? If it doesn't, you might consider fabbing what they call a gravity clutch. It would make your ride much more enjoyable and versatile in traffic.

Other than that, I would enjoy making a bike just like yours.

Good job!dance1

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks 5-7 the motor does stay engaged however i have a kill switch on the bike I use the compression of the motor to assist in braking the motor restarts once you let off the kill switch as long as the back tire is turning

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

i am encouraged/inspiried/turned on by the same thing
just how resoucefully and cleaverly one can get something to run down the road

ride safe

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
and the kids love it
I bet they do! Your talent for making MBs from parts-on-hand will be appreciated when the apocalypse comes!

What's with that big gear on the flywheel side of the motor? Looks like a car flywheel. Is that part of the pull start or did this thing have an electric starter?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Glad yer havin' fun! lol
Have a look at a couple of the FD threads and maybe build you a scissor-lift that will lift the roller up off the tire by a lever so you don't need to kill it when stopping. :)
Will be better.
rc

Whistle Tip

Feb 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
Hey there you go Simplicty is the law of the land. I don't really see the motive to make a "gravity clutch" if you have a toggle kill switch. But on the other hand you may than to pedal when your engine doesnt have enough torque, however, the benefit is that you get to ride a lot sooner.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Motor Fun on this bike there is no adjustable throttle I just use a kill switch (used like a exhaust brake on a semi)to help in the braking . How ever a throttle cable can be added. on the toro theres a little rod that goes from carb to engine govener , follow that you ll find a spring remove it and attach a throttle cable. after that you ll have to adjust the carb so it will idle at low rpm start with the hi end first. check out the pics in my 40+ thread theres a throttle on that one

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Tip exactly, in the Army we called it the KISS rule, meaning Keep It Simple Stupid. lol However there is a quick release on the tension spring in case of brake down for emergency peddling

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
Thanks Ricksrides; my Toro snowblower engine is up north at the farm, so when I get up there next week, I'll check the engine out. I kept the engine when I junked the snowblower because it is a engine (I save 'em all), and a smaller one too! Enjoy, BMF