Extreme sport, these guys are in a club of their own.

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm sure one clip on the top of a tree could cause death. I hear base jumping is one of the most dangerous sports.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Just a quick calculation of approx wing area vs weight(with a drag Co approx) I would say they are going approx 95mph with a sink rate of 1500fpm... what's even better is the guy that had a semi rigid wing suit and 2 turbine engines mounted on the rigid portion of the wing... talk about a "paper thin margin of error"(flight envelope) That's like giving my 16yr old a Hayabusa and telling him... "Have fun" LOL and folks say we are crazy.

Mac

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Some years ago i remember hearing of a wing suit base jumper that intended to jump from a plane and land on a massive ramp (much like the winter ski jumpers use in summer, with lots of rollers) without pulling his parachute......... not sure if hes tried it yet

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Mac,
Thank you. I was looking at the suit he was wearing and couldn't help but think that with the thin material and the stitching being under a tremendous strain he wasn't that far from a very bad ending.

I did notice that he seemed to be constantly going down the mountain side and not trying to climb up in the air. More of a controlled decent.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Darn, I can't find it again but I was watching some of these a couple of nights ago and they had guys jumping from planes WITH NO CHUTE. The had to team up with two or three others with parasails that brought him down with them. I'll keep looking and post a link, if I can find it again.
Tom

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
travis pastrana did that with the red bull thing am I also saw where a guy just with no parachute out of a plane and into the side door of another plane traveling with it's nose down
Darn, I can't find it again but I was watching some of these a couple of nights ago and they had guys jumping from planes WITH NO CHUTE. The had to team up with two or three others with parasails that brought him down with them. I'll keep looking and post a link, if I can find it again.
Tom

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
I personally have trouble getting out of one CAR and into another while sitting still!!

AND the only way I'd jump out of airplane is if it's on Fire... really BAD fire!! I've been in 2 "unplanned/unscheduled" landings in my lifetime, I'd rather have some metal around me than spandex....

Mac