Hello from SE WI.

GoldenMotor.com

windsors03cobra

Mar 12, 2011
Racine
Hello new member here from SE WI, bought this old Chicago Schwinn about a month go with the intention to motorize it with a china girl.
Received the engine about a week ago and got all the pieces put together.
Still kind of cold here but I have been riding it some, always wanted a Whizzer as a kid and had the exact same Schwinn Racer as a yout (I'm 31 now) so its kind of cool to have one exactly like I had only now motorized like a Whizzer.
I wanted a Whizzer as recently as ten to 12 years ago but could not afford the big money for such a novelty.
I was very happy with how the china girl mounted in the frame and fit very nicely and I had pretty good clearances all the way around. I had to bend the left side of the crank a bit but it turned out nice and also made my own sprocket adapter I knew from the get go there was no way I was going to mash the spokes like that. Rolling on 30 year old rubber right now while not worn it is a bit dry rotted I wish there were more tire choices available for this rim, oh well. Want to get a more comfortable seat.
Love the website, thanks for all the information on it.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
cool bike! what make and year is it do you know? im looking for a older schwinn for a build using a china motor im rebuilding. i had the bike i wanted in my mind, and your bike is by far the closest to what im looking for.