1913 BSA copy

GoldenMotor.com

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
I haven't pushed it to the limit and don't intend to, but it seems to cruise along very happily at about 45-50kph. This bike is geared just slightly higher than my Cyclone copy and judging from the breakneck antics of one of my friends who took the Cyclone out for a rip, I am guessing that the upper limit would be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 70kph.

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
It would be an interesting question, but I'm afraid I won't be trying to break any records...Call me a big fat chicken, but the older I get the louder that little voice in my head screams "Hey stupid, this thing could hurt you...badly!" :D
I keep reminding myself that these things are still really only bicycles...besides if the cops caught me going over 50kph it might set me up for a fine...motorized bikes around here are only 'supposed' to go no faster than 50kph and be of less than 50cc displacement (I stamped that on the side of the engine), as far as the law goes, I like to keep a low profile and stay below the radar...at least most of the time.

Last edited:

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Great build, Goldy!

I saw your inspiration picture and immediately thought of this bike:

It's a 1927 BSA S27 500cc SV single I have been ogling as an homage build...

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
loves this thread, it is great inspiration. Like Goldy says, "If you can't buy it build it!"
Agreed, i cant say enough good things about Goldys builds, this build and Goldys Flying Merkel are two of the best builds on this site. And he does it on a budget and makes everything himself. Truly inspirational.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Seeing what he could do kept me going too. A lack of money places certain limits on a person's creativity but, often, an increasing degree of hard work and new skills can compensate.
I'm reaching a point where sometimes I'd rather make what I want than go mucking about on the internet or in a store looking for something close. Goodness knows I'd never have found a ready-made motorbike exactly like mine just sitting around out there waiting to be discovered.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Very nice looking build, Goldy!

and I do enjoy the exhaust pipe a lot... it's very ...British... :)

..kinda like explaining to a new person how to score a dart game.. 8-O
rc

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Thanks guys, some very kind comments...got me all embarrassed. Had the BSA out the end of last week for it's first ride of the season. Haven't been able to do any bicycle construction lately, but still lurking around the site on a regular basis. I will get started on that Indian build one of these days, but it will have to wait until I can find some free time. Keep building guys, it might inspire me to get off my arse.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Going to bump this again,such a great build,should be seen again as Charlie says. Akso would like to here how it is running..............Curt