help identify this bike

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
a guy wanted my silver bike and offered that bike for trade, i damn near ripped his arm off shaking on the deal. heres a pic of the bike i traded him. he didn't know what his bike was, it has no identification at all on it. no numbers or id tags of any kind.

slowenuff

May 5, 2010
baltimore,maryland
.duh.
i picked up this bike over the weekend and have no idea what it is, anyone ever seen anything like it before.
what's the decal on the tank indicate??? serial numbers anywhere?...where?...what brand is the motor?.... era of spark plug???

looks hand painted from here...

beautiful fender skirts...do they look hand made?

what brand of coaster brake?

could be an old bike cut in half and joined around an engine platform...SIMPLE, elegant, and solves a ton of common mounting issues....

what'd they nick you for it?

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
it has a simplex kind of look to it, but it's differant enough to maybe be a competitor to semplex, the motor is not original, it's something the guy was going to try and use, the sticker is some flaming skull thing and the wheels are modern 24" with 3" wide tires, no markings of any kind anywhere on the bike. it could be home made but looks to be factory built.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Hey Cam, is that an IH in the background?
thats a 1953 dodge M37 army truck with 12" of lift and 44's on it.

the bike is a keeper for sure, i'd just hate to start restoring it to my vision of what it could be and latter find out it was some rare bird thats then worthless because i messed with it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Louie McMann might know or be able to find out. He's big into these antique motorcycles. If it turns out to not be a rare bird to keep pretty much as is, what would you do with it? I know you've been thinking about it. Pretty cool bike!
SB

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
id like to get rid of the flat bottom and make it more motorcycle than scooter. i've had 2 guys who know there stuff about antique bikes look at it, they both have never seen one like it, and both thought although it looks factory that it is a one off build by someone in the 50's.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Well, that looks sweet, I don't know the bike,,, but i do know the decal of the flaming skull, I seen them @ Meijer's in the automotive section, check them out @ lethanthreat.com,,,, I bought some last weekend but didn't put any on yet. everyone have a safe & great weekend ,,, I'm going riding Later dirtyoldcrusier. xct2