New Plug Longer The Stock ?

GoldenMotor.com

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I got a new plug for my BGF 80 , its a NGK with number BPR6HS

The threads are about 1/4 inch longer then the plug that came with the kit. I set the piston to Top Dead Center and screwed the plug in and it seems to clear. I spun the rear tire a couple times but didnt start it and the gap on the plug didnt change so I dont think its gonna hit.

Is this normal ?

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Well I see the P stands for extended tip and I read that both will work but would like alittle clarification if anyone has it.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Lol , I knew after I said screw it and just tried it someone would reply. After I ran it full bore I checked the gap and it didnt move.

Replacing the plug does make a difference !

zoooom !

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I think it really only helped me cause my kit plug was toast from doing the 16:1 break in. I imagine this is also the reason other newbs report a gain with a new plug also.

After running this plug I checked the color and it was alittle white-ish. Think I need to bump my main up. Is there a general number that works good for most ? Or should I just get the better carb ?

:)

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It could be due to the heat range of the plug too.
A BP6HS is hotter than a BP7HS.
It does not affect the temperature of the combustion, but the ability of the plug to keep itself clean.
How many miles have you ran with the new plug?
I run them at least 5 miles to get a good color on them.