plug color

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
hi all on my seccond engine on this bike , threw rings on last one , on my seccond tank and due to fact i lost my air filter , i not runnning one at the momen , 80cc from zoom , 32:1 mixture

here is my plug color , i belive its good , but please let me know i dont want to run to lean

wot i'm getting about 48-53 Kl/h
c-clip in factory position 3rd from top , (middle)
i also have the cns carb.

thanks !

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It looks as lean as you would ever want to go, but yet not too lean. In some circles of thought, perfect. I prefer them to look a little darker, considering it is a 2-stroke.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What plugs are you using? I am trying a both a NGK B7HS and a B6HS.
The one pictured is an NGK CR5HSB out of my 4-stroke, I usually run the NGK Iridium's (CR7HIX) in my 2-strokes.....not sure of the NGK # I use in the china girls, but B7HS sounds about right.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
BP6HS in my HT. The P means projected insulator, which takes up a little more room in the combustion chamber and slightly increases compression ratio.
Do be careful that your piston will not hit the spark plug if you choose to use this style of plug.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just lose the thick plug gasket and run a thin copper ring for that amount of compression increase...you or a dynomometer couldn't tell the difference, honestlylaff

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I know, I did not really do it for a compression advantage. It also puts the electrodes further into the combustion chamber for what I am hoping will be a more complete burn and a little teeny bit better fuel efficiency. The only drawback I can think of is it's shrouding the flame kernel more which would be going against my original goal.
I doubt it really makes much of a difference either way.

Thanks for the laff.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I know, I did not really do it for a compression advantage. It also puts the electrodes further into the combustion chamber for what I am hoping will be a more complete burn and a little teeny bit better fuel efficiency. The only drawback I can think of is it's shrouding the flame kernel more which would be going against my original goal.
I doubt it really makes much of a difference either way.

Thanks for the laff.
No G-nut, thank you, no explanation neccesary, was jus havin some fun....cheers bro!