Better Pics of my first build

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Flounder... sole... hahahaha.

Nice bike all but that god awful tensioner.
If you adjust the motor chain to fit without a tensioner you can mess with the pedal side.
Sometimes just a 1/2 link on the pedal side chain will do it with no tensioner, but if not put the tensioner on the seldom used pedal side, and paint it black.
Then you can do that pretty bike justice ;-}

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice looking build. I agree with the need for a front brake. I've had kids, adults and cars all suddenly dart into my path. It tends to happen less when I burn my LED headlight during the day.
You dont have to spend a lot of money to have a useful front brake. A large BMX caliper brake should bolt right up to your fork.

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
That's the bike I am going to motorize . Did you use most of the hardware that came with your kit ? Did you trash anything ? How is your coaster brake working ? Any bending or other modifications on your coaster brake or muffler ? Any modification on your cranks , such as spacing them ?
Thanks kicking http://motorbicycling.com/f3/operation-op-first-build-progress-20028.html
Everything went pretty smooth.. I had to mod the the engine bracket for the vertical post. Basicaly sand it so it could fit flush to the oversizedframe , and remove the dust cover on the rear hub and chucked it to the trash.. I used the mounting kit that came with the motor. So the front bracket I drilled through the frame, but I used a 1/2 bolt sleeve to run the front bolt through. This prevented me from crushing the frame when i tourqed down on it.. also i upgraded the chain to a #41 . Last thing I did was put a pipe wrench on the muffler and twist it just a tad so it wouldnt hit the crank..

I can post some pics and elaborate more if you need..

BTW thanks for the avatar I gonna add it to profile.. ;-)

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Everything went pretty smooth.. I had to mod the the engine bracket for the vertical post. Basicaly sand it so it could fit flush to the oversizedframe , and remove the dust cover on the rear hub and chucked it to the trash.. I used the mounting kit that came with the motor. So the front bracket I drilled through the frame, but I used a 1/2 bolt sleeve to run the front bolt through. This prevented me from crushing the frame when i tourqed down on it.. also i upgraded the chain to a #41 . Last thing I did was put a pipe wrench on the muffler and twist it just a tad so it wouldnt hit the crank..

I can post some pics and elaborate more if you need..

BTW thanks for the avatar I gonna add it to profile.. ;-)
Hey thanks an heap for your reply !! ,, it will help me know what I am going to be facing. This will go in my favs for latter .. Thank you , still kicking

marair23

Oct 8, 2009
Reading,Pa
Hi, Flounder,
When you trashed the dust cover did you replace it with a fender washer or something to cover that area??? I'm a newbie workin' on my first bike and this is the bike I chose. Ran into the same problems so thanks for any help you could send my way! -marair23

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Hi, Flounder,
When you trashed the dust cover did you replace it with a fender washer or something to cover that area??? I'm a newbie workin' on my first bike and this is the bike I chose. Ran into the same problems so thanks for any help you could send my way! -marair23
hello marair , I am not sure what to say , but I have been keeping up with this thread too . The OP is an nice cruiser for the money . Flounder may be busy , but I am sure he will return an reply to your question , but I did find this on in the forums . I am not sure if this is another option in the case of the OP , or if the sprocket did not fit over the dust cover , It may be best to see if flounder replies to you question , and see if trashing the cover is quicker and no problems with dust gunking up the dust cover area up . But I have been thinking about this option Joe gives here . It may even help center your sprocket up ; I am not sure. But its cool to have another newbie here at this site and welcome ! I have been in and out of the hospitals lately and haven’t been able to come here . I have some musical instruments for sell at ebay ; and as soon as they sell I am going to buy my motor , this is the link http://motorbicycling.com/f30/coaster-brake-dust-cap-mod-1841.html

marair23

Oct 8, 2009
Reading,Pa
Thanks for the update Kicking!
I will ry trimming the dust cover! I'lln post my success here when I get it finished! Thanks for the HELP! And if anyone out there has any IDEAS on this problem please let us know. The OP bike is a GREAT loking bike!
Thanks marair23

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That is a nice looking ride..I agree about the front brakes though, You can set it up with a set of cruiser calipers for under twenty bucks.
Cheers