Pipe Ceremony

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Last evening marked three weeks since fire changed things around in my life As you may recall from the fire thread I was packed up and ready to leave the following morning for my home in Minnesota. I had gone to town and gassed up the truck, took a shower and was planning on an early to bed for an early departure at sunrise. The owner of the place I caretake for here in Maryland saw that my truck was on fire and indeed it was... an inferno the fire department put out with hoses and fire equipment. I felt numb watching the black smoke rise and understood that everything was different now... no truck and no way home, my winter's work of bicycle builds and parts, tools, clothes, laptop, sewing machine, chain saw, weed whacker, personal belongings... gone. That same evening I turned to you folks to share what had happened, knowing you would understand my loss. A week later I said that I was going to do a pipe ceremony of thanksgiving for the kindness you sent my way in words and deeds and good wishes. Thanks to you I have a way home and I have help in starting over.
Tonight is still, honeysuckle blossoms sweeten the air, fireflies drift here and there and by the little fish pond I lit the prayer pipe offering tobacco to the spirit keepers of the four directions, to our Mother Earth (giidaakiiminon) and up above (ishpiming) to our Creator the Great Spirit Gitchee Manidou). I expressed my gratitude for having had this place to spend my winter, for all of the beauty in my life, for family and particularly for each of you good people who have been so kind to me and who gave me a way home. I wanted you to know that this eveing you are in my heart and in my prayers and that I wish each of you all good things. Miigwetch (Thanks)
Silverbear